Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PA Baker said:
DH doesn't drink coffee, though, so at least it's one less way he can irk me!
Thank goodness for that!

Both of my boys were c-sections, and I remember (after boy #1) that they brought in a "celebration meal" for the happy parents. It had steak, asparagus, broccoli, potatoes and champagne. I was ready to dive in when the nurse reminded me that I was only alowed 2 oz. of broth for each meal for the next 3 days, due to my surgery. Rather than sending it back, the h ate both portions. grrrrrrrr.

I had no solid food for days! They said it was because I'd had surgery. At first I thought it was because he was emergency, and I was unconsious, but I got the same "no solids for 3 days" from son #2's hospital (different hospital, different county even) and he was scheduled.

Jkath, I would have been sooo angry!! If anyone deserved a meal like that at that point, it was you!

Their, Melody is just beautiful!!!! And, I liked reading about your family and business too! I'm due Nov. 15.

Heh heh heh! They gave me a story like that too jkath. Apparently you just need to wait until your digestive system kicks back into gear...Bangbang style, if you get my drift.

I had a couple of c sections too, and after the second one they brought me a full tray of bacon, eggs, coffee and toast. I hoovered it quick! And sure enough a few minutes later the (snooty!) nurse came in and told me that I had to give back the tray as I was supposed to have a liquid diet. I can't tell you the pleasure it gave me to hand back that empty tray and watch her quietly freak out. Heehee. She thought I was going to die I am sure, but I felt like a million bucks. I was out of the hospital in less than 48 hours that time!

Five more months...Not long! It will go by quickly. Jkath, I don't get the "no solids" rule. No other standard surgery stipulates that, not for three days, at least. Hm. :neutral:

Yes, Melody is quite beautiful, as is her sister. No prejudice here, of course! :mrgreen:

Does anyone here collect Yellow Ware? I'm putting some online and writing the description -- I'd like some happy thoughts about how neat it is...

Don't feel bad Alix, and Jkath I was 18 and they put me on a 400 calorie diet for 2 weeks. I dislocated my knee and it pinched a blood vein, I was the Lucky winner of a Blood Clot. At least it went away much faster than they told me it was going to be. I only received Liquids for the two weeks I was there. I was Livid ! :furious: :furious: :furious:
And I didn't have anything to show for it when I was done! Well Kind of a Nice Bill to Pay! :huh: :ohmy: :LOL:

Last edited:
here ya go, Maidrite - shark fin soup, chicken heads and duck feet, fried up nice.
(don't laugh - I was actually served that at a birthday party)

Last edited:
Do you guys like my new avatar? I took the photo myself and as soon as I was done my son ate all but the basil leaf!
PS - Thier, it's not yellow ware, but the yellow plate under the blue one is bauerware. (It was Grandma's)

oh their what a beautiful baby !!!
her eyes really capture your attention !!

jkath i still don't get that liquid diet thing after
a c-section. i told you how they gave me soda,
yogurt and graham crackers in the recovery room.
about 9:30 or so (3 hrs after surgery) my sister walked
into my room with a large fry, coke, and a quarter pounder
with cheese from mcdonald's for me, and the nurses didn't
say anything.

I like your food shot, jkath! Perfect for an avocado devotee like you. :chef: Glad you all liked little Melody. She's a very happy baby. We were going to get to see her this weekend, but can't go now because of Paul's heart. He's very disappointed, missing the wedding and not seeing his grandkids...:(

Hi Thier!!!!!!!!!! (((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))) How are ya? Jkath.... your new avatar is freakin me out. :wacko: Why the change? Ok guys.... I ordered 75 pounds of assorted lamb! :chef: Lets goto town! Im making some lamb meatballs. :mrgreen:

And I found my watermellon order. Turns out they are Key Watermellon. :glare: The size of a large golf ball. :( I got a great deal on them. Figures. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr..... *laying out food for Tawny*

*walking out of office with jaw open* Guys....... someone BIG is comming to play at our lounge tomorrow...... *taking seat* I cant believe it. :shock: Why do they want to play HERE??!! Actually if weather permits they will be playing in The Grotto. Ohhhhhhhhh boy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom