Discuss Cooking's Virtual Bed and Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey jkath, got any lemon filled? They're my favorites! Yes, lemons are a good thing. Thanks, middie!

Thanks middie! Wasabi, there weren't any, but lemme see what I can whip you up....HEY! how about some lemon meringue pie? Or, you can have some of my peach cobbler I just pulled out of the oven. It's a bit too hot, but some french vanilla ice cream on top will do the trick!

((scooping a large portion of cobbler into a glass bowl, topping with 2 scoops of ice cream, shaking cinnamon sugar on top))
Here you go! Be careful though...it's rather addictive!
I need to make some decaf, so I can have mine too!

If only I could reach into this puter and have it for real.:( Thank you, jkath.

I must share this: I make my mom's easy peach cobbler, which the topping is those pillsbury cinnamon rolls. You bake them on the bottom shelf of the oven first, to brown their bottoms, but not to bake their tops. Then you put it over the cooked peaches and they finish up. Anyway.... my hands were dirty with peaches, and I'd already laid the rolls on a cookie sheet to be baked. When the oven beeped to tell me it was hot, I asked my younger boy to put the sheet in, on the bottom shelf and set the timer. He did, and I never bothered to see what he did. When the timer rang, I washed up and proceeded to the oven to find that he'd laid the cookie sheet directly on the heating element! Apparently to him, that was the bottom shelf.
Odd part is, that it ruined neither the rolls or the sheet!

The people at the other table did Tat, but thanks anyway !
I'm going to get a glass of milk. Anybody else want something
while I'm up ?

<<tiptoeing in>>
((jkath looks around, checks the clock>>
Holy Cow it's late!
<<snickers...heh heh......>>
((pulls out leftover peach cobbler and helps herself to a very large serving))
<<tiptoes back upstairs to bed>>

Snoop Puss said:
Do you know, I've never made a daiquiri. This is absolutely the bees knees as we Brits would say. What's in it exactly?

I'll post it in the beverages forum for you Snoop. It won't be until a little later though, I've got company coming tonight & a whole lot of cleaning to get done.:rolleyes:

Morning all! I've got caramel pecan stucky buns, blackbery pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, assorted fresh fruit, & blueberry cobbler coffee ready for breakfast. Help yourselves & enjoy!

Wow Crewsk. You really are good to us, especially if you've got company tonight. Good luck with the cleaning. Give us a shout if you need a cyber hand.

Back
Top Bottom