Do you know another recipe for this chicken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why wasn't it successful? Can't suggest another recipe if we don't know the part that you don't like.
The honey? the ton of garlic?

maybe later i will explain.
in the meanwhile. if you know another better recipe let me know..
We don't even know what you liked about the recipe when you saw it or what you were expecting. I can't recommend a different recipe for "this" when I don't know what you were hoping for.

Yes, I like garlic too but the fresh and then the powdered seems a bit of overkill to me. However, need to go back and check quantities again.
I do also agree, things with honey need to be monitored carefully so as not to let that sugar burn. That could certainly be a problem.

the main problem was all the liquid that drew out of the chicken while in the oven.
it was more steaming than roasting.
so i turn the heat much higher..

The video shows liquid from the baking/roasting. I don't see that as a problem, unless the chicken leg was extremely dry. Is that what you are saying?

Did you leave the skin on the legs?

the main problem was all the liquid that drew out of the chicken while in the oven.
it was more steaming than roasting.
so i turn the heat much higher..
Chef rule #27 (or #1) Use a larger pan. Crowding the food too tightly into a pan too small for the amount of food creates steam, not browning. Using a larger pan leaves room around the food for the liquid and fat to run off, and evaporate or reduce somewhat.

And yes, that recipe has a lot of liquid, plus all the fat from the skin to run off.

Yes, I like garlic too but the fresh and then the powdered seems a bit of overkill to me. However, need to go back and check quantities again.
I do also agree, things with honey need to be monitored carefully so as not to let that sugar burn. That could certainly be a problem.
I find the use of both fresh and powdered garlic in the same marinade odd. I would be inclined to just use the fresh, adjusting the quantity if necessary.

Chef rule #27 (or #1) Use a larger pan. Crowding the food too tightly into a pan too small for the amount of food creates steam, not browning. Using a larger pan leaves room around the food for the liquid and fat to run off, and evaporate or reduce somewhat.

And yes, that recipe has a lot of liquid, plus all the fat from the skin to run off.
ditto ditto ditto :)

Back
Top Bottom