Do you know any quick lunch recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

olus_ia

Assistant Cook
Hi! I've been going to college for a month and I don't have the time or the idea to prepare my own food :(( I usually end up eating at fast food restaurants. Do you know any good recipes for a cool and healthy lunch that you can eat between classes? Thank you in advance <3 1699473001624.png

The picture in your post is perfect!

Try to change up the contents of each compartment with different but similar foods.

Fast food isn’t all bad if you skip the French fries and swap the soda for a container of skim milk with your McDonalds chicken sandwich. Add a couple pieces of fresh fruit from home for dessert and an afternoon snack

An insulated lunch box/bag and a bottle of frozen water, juice, or tea will allow you to pack a greater variety of foods and provide a cold beverage as it slowly thaws by lunch time.

Hard boiled eggs, protein/granola bars, string cheese, fat free Greek yogurt, three bean salad, muffins, a container of skim milk and a packet of breakfast cereal, canned tuna/sardines with crackers, cookies, fresh fruit, planned leftovers from last nights dinner would all be good choices.

If you have a lunch buddy consider taking turns bringing lunch for two a couple of times each week to give you both a break.

Welcome to DC. Your question is a real stumper for me! On the one hand, I'm thinking maybe there is a way to plan things out and/or make meals on the weekend and be able to grab and go. On the other hand, I'm wondering if the college might have some services to offer...OR...maybe have some connection with volunteers that help new students. I mean, I'm pretty sure that you are not the first student to come up against this time and ideas crunch. Yet, it is essential that you are well nourished so that you can make the most of your college studies and experience.

Reach out to the college. Maybe they can give some ideas. I know that here in the U.S. there are women/moms that volunteer to help be a mom away from home. Help by being supportive, like a mom might be. Visit, suggest, provide Chicken Soup (literally or otherwise), when needed.
In any event, do let us know how you are doing and what you come up with! Best wishes & study well!

I just used to make sandwiches in the morning to take with me (brown bread, ham, salami or pate, as I don't have a sweet tooth), but I think that's (or was) quite typically Dutch.

Maybe flat bread, hummous, tzatziki etc or a meal salad?

Hi! I've been going to college for a month and I don't have the time or the idea to prepare my own food :(( I usually end up eating at fast food restaurants. Do you know any good recipes for a cool and healthy lunch that you can eat between classes? Thank you in advance <3View attachment 66756
My favorite dish for work, which I never get bored with is tortilla with chicken, pear and feta cheese

Ingredients:

1 tortilla cake
100 g chicken breast
1⁄2 teaspoon chicken seasoning
1 tbsp coconut oil
a handful of salad mix – about 30 g
60 g (1/4 piece) pears
15 g walnuts
30 g mould cheese

Preparation:

Sprinkle the chicken with seasoning and fry in oil.

Add lettuce, slices of pear and striped chicken and feta cheese to the tortilla. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and roll into rolls. Ready in 15 minutes. Have a good time:)

Welcome to DC. Your question is a real stumper for me! On the one hand, I'm thinking maybe there is a way to plan things out and/or make meals on the weekend and be able to grab and go. On the other hand, I'm wondering if the college might have some services to offer...OR...maybe have some connection with volunteers that help new students. I mean, I'm pretty sure that you are not the first student to come up against this time and ideas crunch. Yet, it is essential that you are well nourished so that you can make the most of your college studies and experience.

Reach out to the college. Maybe they can give some ideas. I know that here in the U.S. there are women/moms that volunteer to help be a mom away from home. Help by being supportive, like a mom might be. Visit, suggest, provide Chicken Soup (literally or otherwise), when needed.
In any event, do let us know how you are doing and what you come up with! Best wishes & study well!
Thank you for your answer! We have a cafeteria on campus, although there's often no room to sit down, and I don't want to spend money on lunch every day. Planning meals at the weekend is a wonderful idea! You inspired me <3

Try to change up the contents of each compartment with different but similar foods.

Fast food isn’t all bad if you skip the French fries and swap the soda for a container of skim milk with your McDonalds chicken sandwich. Add a couple pieces of fresh fruit from home for dessert and an afternoon snack

An insulated lunch box/bag and a bottle of frozen water, juice, or tea will allow you to pack a greater variety of foods and provide a cold beverage as it slowly thaws by lunch time.

Hard boiled eggs, protein/granola bars, string cheese, fat free Greek yogurt, three bean salad, muffins, a container of skim milk and a packet of breakfast cereal, canned tuna/sardines with crackers, cookies, fresh fruit, planned leftovers from last nights dinner would all be good choices.

If you have a lunch buddy consider taking turns bringing lunch for two a couple of times each week to give you both a break.
Thank u so much, I appreciate that! I still have such a question Aunt Bea because autumn weather in Poland is not conducive I feel out of shape. That's why I like to enjoy my time and bake! Can you recommend me a good recipe for cake?

Thank u so much, I appreciate that! I still have such a question Aunt Bea because autumn weather in Poland is not conducive I feel out of shape. That's why I like to enjoy my time and bake! Can you recommend me a good recipe for cake?
This is a simple inexpensive chocolate cake that is very nice.

This thread might give you some additional ideas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom