Egg substitute in cream?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I've just saw this thread.

Some time ago I've found out a way to replace eggs and it's called Aquafaba, it's a method that vegans use (I'm not vegan but I found this recipe interesting): aquafaba is the liquid that's in the canned chickpeas, instead of throwing it away as you often do (including me), just keep it aside, whip it as you would with egg whites and then add it to the recipe you're making.

I also tried to make mayonnaise with aquafaba and it came out great!

For future reference, you can pasteurize your own eggs. This video - https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+how+to+pateurize+eggs+at+home&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS893US893&oq=youtube+how+to+pateurize+eggs+at+home&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.15797j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_dtXwXpvYNcyxtQbQ45fYCg29 explains the process. Then you can use the eggs for making mayonaise, or in the recipe you had, or to make any number of recipes that call for raw egg. Hope this helps.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Does someone have a link to a reliable source that tells how long eggs have to be held at 140°F to be pasteurized? I know that pasteurization depends on the right combination of time and temperature.

This site gives a great description of pasteurization, what it, how it is achieved. Different types of meat and fish can take different amounts of time at the same temperature. They do talk about sous vide being an ideal method for keeping meat at a temperature for hours, as that allows lower temps to be safe. I think the differences are because of different amounts of fat and differences in density. They discuss safe ways to red meat that is medium rare, rather than well done. They also talk about raw eggs and recommend purchasing pasteurized eggs. There are also links to the USDA info.

https://amazingribs.com/technique-and-science/more-cooking-science/safe-serving-temperatures

haven't read that blog GG, but I would think you are correct. Does the blog cover using a sous vide? Could that be possible?
Do you mean the entire blog, or just the one post? I haven't read the entire thing, so I don't know if they cover sous vide in another post. This is from a Cooperative Extension office based on USDA information. I don't know if sous vide would work for this purpose.

Do you mean the entire blog, or just the one post? ....

should have been more clear - I meant the one post.

Comment on sous-vide was just to give food for thought to those interested.

Personally I do not have any interest in buying, making or using pasteurized eggs. Of course I use eggs, but I do not have recipes (or at least none that I can think of at the moment) that use raw eggs in the finish. I have no small children at home, nor do I have a compromised health issue that would warrant the use of them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom