Essential oils, how much is too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SlowCook66

Cook
Hi,

I add approximately 6-7 drops of a mixture of essential oils per 50g price of fudge.

Is that too much?
Can someone get sick with this quantity of essential oils?

Thanks

These are eatable oils 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_4534.jpeg
    IMG_4534.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4535.jpeg
    IMG_4535.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 16
My thought exactly jennyema . Essential oils are basically for external use only.
The store that sold me this told me these can be put in any Pastry or chocolate or fudge 🤷🏻‍♂️

But my question is , 6 drops per 50g of fudge is that too much in terms of safety? Is there a cooking rule of thumb for this is what I am asking ?

Last edited:
I have a recipe for raspberry truffles that uses raspberry oil (same company and bottle as yours). The recipe calls for a tablespoon for 8 Oz. of chocolate. So I'd say that's not too much. 50 grams of fudge is not a lot (less than 2 oz.). the oil is usually added during the making of the fudge, not after.

I have a recipe for raspberry truffles that uses raspberry oil (same company and bottle as yours). The recipe calls for a tablespoon for 8 Oz. of chocolate. So I'd say that's not too much. 50 grams of fudge is not a lot (less than 2 oz.). the oil is usually added during the making of the fudge, not after.
Ok thank you Andy 👍

Back
Top Bottom