Favorite Item from Trader Joe's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just polished off some TJ's fauxreos (TJ's version of Oreo cookies). Practically indistinguishable from the real thing.

Good Afternoon,

This thread has been reported by the Discuss Cooking membership and has been discussed by the administration team.

With notable exceptions, there are concerns that many recent posts have drifted away from the original topic. Please stay on topic so that we can keep this thread open.

On behalf of the Administration Team,

Just polished off some TJ's fauxreos (TJ's version of Oreo cookies). Practically indistinguishable from the real thing.
I just happen to go to Trader Joe's just now and while I was there I just happen to find myself looking for "fauxreos" even though I haven't bought cookies in ages. I was thinking what a clever name...but couldn't find them anywhere until an employee pointed out that they aren't called "fauxreos" but rather "Chocolate Vanilla Cream Cookies". Your name is MUCH more clever Andy!! They should pay you royalties to use your "fauxreos" name instead! Have you ever been in marketing?

Anyway, I concur, they taste exactly like oreos!
...AND they're all natural...no hydrogenated oils...cool
...AND they're $2.69 for 20oz. (1 lb 4 oz). I'm not sure how that compares to Oreos

Last edited:
I just happen to go to Trader Joe's just now and while I was there I just happen to find myself looking for "fauxreos" even though I haven't bought cookies in ages. I was thinking what a clever name...but couldn't find them anywhere until an employee pointed out that they aren't called "fauxreos" but rather "Chocolate Vanilla Cream Cookies". Your name is MUCH more clever Andy!! They should pay you royalties to use your "fauxreos" name instead! Have you ever been in marketing?

Anyway, I concur, they taste exactly like oreos!
...AND they're all natural...no hydrogenated oils...cool
...AND they're $2.69 for 20oz. (1 lb 4 oz). I'm not sure how that compares to Oreos

Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead you. Never been in marketing, just get lucky once in a while.

I don't remember the exact amount but they are around half the price of Oreos.

I ususally buy TJ brand Coastal Merlot, chunky applesauce, cereal bars and rice milk. I like most of their salad dressings & toppings (chopped nuts, dried fruit, etc) too.

I just ate some of their spiced soybeans with cumin,garlic and cardamom......Awesome,cheap and conveinant.

They have it listed as a new item along with seasond chickpeas in micro pouches in the dry foods area.

2 bucks for a great lunch. I bet the chickpeas are just as good.

Had the mushroom and black truffle flatbread over the weekend. It was OK but we didn't like it as much as some of the others we bought.

We also have a tomato and pesto flatbread and some TJ's meatballs that SO wanted to try.

TJs Classic Chocolate Bars

TJ's Classic Dark Chocolate and Milk Chocolate bars are being discontinued and are on sale at $0.29 each as long as they last.

I just had one and it's very good. It's a minimum of 53% cocoa solids according to the label. I'll be going back to load up tomorrow.

Of course, this is only important if you like chocolate...

I've been to Trader Joe's when I was on vacation in California. Bought Belgian chocolates, nuts, and maybe wine. Looked like there was lots of interesting stuff, but I don't know how the prices compared to other local stores. The prices looked pretty good compared with Montreal.

The stores I really liked in California were Henry's and Mother's Market & Kitchen

TJ'S I love the frozen garlic,parsley and cilantro. We love their frozen mushroom turnover and Ice cream.
kades

The other night I served Trader Joe' Rolled Pork Roast stuffed with spinach/ricotta/feta/etc and sprinkled on top with red pepper flakes...and came with some gravy (heat the gravy til piping hot). It was very tasty but I recommend you plan on cooking it a little longer than it asks unless your roast is at room temp to start with. I cooked it an extra 15 minutes to get it to 365 degrees.

I think the new thoughts on cooking pork doesn't require it to be 365 anymore either. Is that right?

:LOL:I don't think cooking pork to 365 F was ever OK.:LOL:

Back in the old days, when hogs were raised differently, there were issues with undercooked pork. Hogs aren't raised that way any more and are treated to prevent problems.

However, even if those changes had never been made, 137 F. was all that was needed to kill off all the bad stuff. (this is different from chicken which requires a temp over 160 F - different bad stuff).

So, typos aside, I shoot for 140-145 F for pork.

We just tried the smoked salmon salmon and spinach crepes.
I liked them and will eat the rest with an egg for breakfast.

My wife and daughter hated them.

Wife is not big on anything smoked and daughter prefers her salmon raw.

The crepe stayed nice microwaved and they were not too salty.

We just tried the smoked salmon salmon and spinach crepes.
I liked them and will eat the rest with an egg for breakfast.

My wife and daughter hated them.

Wife is not big on anything smoked and daughter prefers her salmon raw.

The crepe stayed nice microwaved and they were not too salty.

Smart...more for you!!:)

I like the nuts, jams, fresh produce, 2buckChuck, the little biscotti, spices, wild rice, panettone, really just all kinds of stuff... They are 2 1/2 hours away so I don't get any frozen goods. Wish they would get one closer.

I like the nuts, jams, fresh produce, 2buckChuck, the little biscotti, spices, wild rice, panettone, really just all kinds of stuff... They are 2 1/2 hours away so I don't get any frozen goods. Wish they would get one closer.

If you have an ocean boat....I will bring them to you!

Ice cooler in the back of the car....the only way I can get my shopping done in the summer. And I live in town.

Back
Top Bottom