French omelette that got stuck to the pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sir LoB said an Italian Omelette was a frittata.
I too, consider it to be sort of in the omelette family but really more like a quiche without a crust family.

A lovely, soft omelette is a beautiful thing! And a lovely frittata is like an omelette with lovely things added to it. :wub:

Sir LoB said an Italian Omelette was a frittata.
I too, consider it to be sort of in the omelette family but really more like a quiche without a crust family.
You are correct about what Sir LoB wrote. I even went back and checked before typing my previous comment and somehow missed it.

But, a frittata is definitely in the same family as omelettes, but so is a quiche. I was thinking in terms of taxonomic families in biology. An example of which is the rose family. The rose family includes apples, raspberries, rosehips, and lots more. I think a quiche is more like an omelette than rosehip is like a plum.

But, a frittata is definitely in the same family as omelettes, but so is a quiche.

An omelette is a very specific thing, made in a specific way. More so, a French omelette. A frittata is not an omelette. But it is made from eggs. A very big family.

Like a hamburger is made from ground beef, but so are cottage pies, sloppy Joe’s and beefaroni.

An omelette is a very specific thing, made in a specific way. More so, a French omelette. A frittata is not an omelette. But it is made from eggs. A very big family.

Like a hamburger is made from ground beef, but so are cottage pies, sloppy Joe’s and beefaroni.
I didn't say that everything made from eggs is in the same family. E.g, egg drop noodles are not in that family, hard boiled eggs are not in that family. I see that you seem to have a real thing about not wanting to see the similarities between your idea of an omelette and a frittata. Fine, don't acknowledge the similarities. I won't lose any sleep over that.

Sir Loin said a frittata is an omelette. It’s pretty much the opposite.
Did you write that without looking at the post that precedes yours? I don't agree that it's the opposite. I did acknowledge that my post, the one that you quoted, was mistaken. No point in beating a dead horse.

Last edited:
I usually have some heavy cream on hand and use a dollop while beating the egg senseless. Comes out super smooth and fluffy. Can't call it an omelette, just a gently cooked egg, sometimes with a few herbs sprinkled on while I try to pretend I can fold it over. Never works of course, I'm too heavy handed. Still tastes great, just lose on the presentation part of the competition.

I usually have some heavy cream on hand and use a dollop while beating the egg senseless. Comes out super smooth and fluffy. Can't call it an omelette, just a gently cooked egg, sometimes with a few herbs sprinkled on while I try to pretend I can fold it over. Never works of course, I'm too heavy handed. Still tastes great, just lose on the presentation part of the competition.
I add cream to my omelets. It's not an omelette I guess since it's not classic French but I think it can be classified as an omelet.

Here's one of my overstuffed American-style omelets I made awhile back with diced ham, red onion, asparagus, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese.

20220430_123501.jpgFat happy omelette 2.jpg

I do think gentle cooking is the right approach. My eggs never stick and I can't abide scorched eggs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom