Fresh Homemade Pasta Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cavatelli !!! The dough is 2 cups flour, 8 oz ricotta and 2 eggs.

img_530530_0_92a166409ccf0e8af5cecbe9f8bc5bef.jpg

img_530530_1_986903ace5083e8df1ff9ebe585ced97.jpg

Here's the ravioli topped with an idea from another thread and some sun dried tomatoes.

Bon Appetite.:chef:

img_530541_0_b0f881b978da9780ffe59d506bdf221e.jpg

Who is eating all this wonderful food?
By the way, I will definitely bring a nice wine for dinner. How about some tiramisu, also?

ship to florida please!!!!!!!!! I love to use my pasta maker and I have the same one as you. Have fun with the experimentation

Looks PASTALICIOUS, Jeeks. I have an Imperia that I like. Need to take it down off the shelf again. Thanks for sharing.

(Sneaking off with a Havarti & Spinach Ravioli. Ssssh;))

Ahh man....tiramisu sounds awesome right now.

Thanks for the compliments. If you folks have any tips, let me know. I'm also stuck on new shapes.

... If you folks have any tips, let me know. I'm also stuck on new shapes.

There's a Pasta book I love called Pasta by Time Life that shows how to add different flavors to the pasta dough - tomato, spinach, lemon, chocolate, curry, beet juice etc.

Here's a link for the short version:

Pasta Choices: Easy How-To Cooking Tips & Advice: RecipeTips.com
(Scroll down to the flavored pasta.)

Types of Pasta: Easy How-To Cooking Tips & Advice: RecipeTips.com
(Flavored dough)

Imperia has a site w the same recipes that came w my machine.

Imperia Pasta Maker Guide

Last edited:
Thanks. I wanted to make roasted red pepper dough but got caught up in the cavatelli. (my thumb really hurts now)

Beautiful work, Jeekins. I love my Atlas pasta maker. I've had it for about 30 years and it never fails me. My only challenge now, due to carpal tunnel and arthritis in my right hand, is turning the crank. Although, I can get an electric motor to retro-fit it. I had considered getting the pasta attachment for my KitchenAid mixer but the retro motor for the Atlas is far less expensive. Plus, I already have multiple cutters for the manual cutter. Why buy more?! There's nothing like homemade pasta. I also love making "flavored" pastas like spinach, beet, mushroom, etc.

Dang Jeeks!!!! That looks totally awesome! Now you got me wanting a pasta machine. Hmmmmmm..... surveys kitchen for place to put it. I'm comin with expatgirl, table for 7!

If you don't cook the pasta immediately, can we store it in the fridge and for how long ?

wow jeekinz!

great pix. i'm hungry.

you're gonna need to learn to speak italiano be able to pronounce all of the types of pastas there are.

how are you set for sauces? you send me pasta, i'll send you sauce. deal?

dw and i are just finishing off the last bit of vincent's (bottled in the restaurant, totally different than the store crap) medium sauce.

If you don't cook the pasta immediately, can we store it in the fridge and for how long ?

I think it lasts a week by itself, but you can freeze it in freezer bags. Just let it dry out a little first or place it on a cookie sheet in the freezer first so it doesn't stick together.

Each dish came out awesome. It's addicting.

Thanks BT, I'm good on the sauces....that's my favorite part.:chef:

BTW, I found a little shortcut for the cavatelli. Most recipes say to "roll out the dough into a 1/4" dowell" ...well, that's just a PITA. I roll the dough out into a 1/4" thick sheet then cut 1/4" strips. Now I just have to roll it for 2 seconds to make it round. I stack them all back together and cut them into 1/2" segments then form the pasta.:chef:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom