Friday 6th Jan 2012 what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
please explain

lean q, guess i should have said "lean cuisine. " they are a brand of low calorie meals, most are good. i don't eat a lot of them, but the bbq chicken pizza and meatloaf with mashed potatoes. the pizza is a small one. i buy the meat loaf, if i make one, i would have to eat it for days. :chef:

Quick and effective.

Attachments

• dinner 1-6-12.jpg
    dinner 1-6-12.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 203
Happy twelfth night! The official end of the season. We went out to an Italian place and shared antipasto and a slice of pizza, keeping it relatively light after a very heavy holiday season. Tomorrow I start tearing down the holiday decorations. Luckily I got over over-decorating years ago; even so, it'll take days. I was forced to start this afternoon when I went to water my poinsettias and realized they were dropping so many leaves that were dried out and my doggie was thinking they were potato chips or something. Ouch! Not a good idea! They went out, and tomorrow the rest will start!

What's For Dinner

Yum...Tonight I made Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup, from Nina Simond's A Spoonful of Ginger.

Homemade chicken broth with fish sauce, black pepper, rice noodles, chicken, bean sprouts, and accompanying basil, cilantro, scallion greens, and lime. Great any night but I'm going to make some more and freeze for when one of us has flu or cold...this soup would be comforting and delish with an upset tummy or stuffy head.

What'd you make today?

Wanted to do something crazy and try
My hand at "fusion". So after thinking about it I decided on "Thai-talian". I made Massaman curry lasagna. Browned my ground beef as normal but then added canned peas and carrots along with my massaman curry paste and coconut milk. Reduced the mix a little to make thicker ,
Then laid it out with lasagna and a little mozzarella just like you would normally do. Everyone loved it and it was really different. Give it a try., you won't regret it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom