Garlic on eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miracle Whip isn't mayonnaise--it is a cooked salad dressing. Homemade Miracle Whip Recipe - Food.com - 41781
My grandmother used to make a cooked salad dressing similar to the above.

I do take FRESH hard boiled eggs (still warm) and make egg salad with mayonnaise with a dash of curry, but not MW. And, once we get the 2nd flock, I'll be making my own EVOO mayo. Counting the sleeps until Sunday, except I work a weird schedule, so sleeps sometimes are 2-hour naps several times during a 24-hour period!

Last edited:
Miracle Whip isn't mayonnaise--it is a cooked salad dressing.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's mayo. :ROFLMAO:

I use it exactly as I would any mayo. To me, it's just another type of mayo. Millions of other people agree with me. It sells like crazy. Has more shelf space than any other brand in every store I shop in.

I beg to differ--MW has sugar and flour in it and is cooked--mayonnaise is eggs, lemon juice, and oil that is added slowly to the eggs, and not cooked. Mayo also does not contain flour, you can sprinkle some sugar in when adding flavoring, but the base recipe does not have sugar in it and the process to make it is different. MW is cheaper than mayo, hence, why there is probably more of it on the shelves. They don't taste the same. That's like saying whipped cream and cool whip are the same--they aren't.

Last edited:
More people buy it. That's why it has more shelf space. I think it tastes way better than any other store bought mayo. Why argue about what it's called? It's mayo to me and many, many other people.

You think differently. No problem. :LOL:

Timothy, Timothy, Timothy. Much as I hate to do it, I must turn you in to the Hellman's Police.

Timothy, Timothy, Timothy. Much as I hate to do it, I must turn you in to the Hellman's Police.

Oh NO! :ermm::ohmy::( Not the Hellman's Police!

I like Helmans too. I like many of them and eat them when Miracle Whip isn't available. They're all good second choices to me. :ROFLMAO:

OMG, I think I hear jackboots marching in rhythm to my door....:wacko: Yikes, they have Helman's armbands!

Send me the contact info and I'll back you on that. Mayo and MW are NOT the same and using the word "mayo" to describe MW is blasphemy. What kind of time is Timothy facing? I mean, he did turn 59 today...(Happy B'day, Timothy!)

Last edited:
A clear message...

<Scroll down to the video>

We're Miracle Whip, and we won't tone it down :excl:
The point is, it is still not mayonnaise and I doubt the folks in Belguim, France, Quebec, or other areas would ever consider putting MW on their fries. YUCK. I accidently bought a jar of MW four years ago (I'd make my own if I needed to use it). I brought it back to the store and dropped it in the Food Bank box.

It's like saying a natural blonde and an "artificial" blonde are both blondes.

Last edited:
The point is, it is still not mayonnaise and I doubt the folks in Belguim, France, Quebec, or other areas would ever consider putting MH on their fries.

I don't allow others to dictate what I call mayo.

The other mayos aren't necessary as long as I can scrape one last dollop of Miracle Whip Mayo from the jar!

The point is, it is still not mayonnaise and I doubt the folks in Belguim, France, Quebec, or other areas would ever consider putting MW on their fries. YUCK. I accidently bought a jar of MW four years ago (I'd make my own if I needed to use it). I brought it back to the store and dropped it in the Food Bank box.

It's like saying a natural blonde and an "artificial" blonde are both blondes.

And I thought this couldn't get any sillier...:ROFLMAO::wacko:

The MAYO that's wonderful on EVERYTHING!

Last edited:
An expat friend who lives in Mexico ADORES MW. She can't buy it there, so folks have to bring it down when they visit.

MW was all my mom used, I thought it was mayo till I went to college and discovered Hellmans. I haven't had it in years. As I recall, it did make a good sammich.

Last edited:
My experimenting with garlic on eggs was that generally speaking it overpowered their subtler flavour, but it does work well if only a very small pinch of mild garlic is used and it is presoaked in a teaspoon of butter or olive oil then added to the raw eggs and they are cooked simultaneously.

An expat friend who lives in Mexico ADORES MW. She can't buy it there, so folks have to bring it down when they visit.

MW was all my mom used, I thought it was mayo till I went to college and discovered Hellmans. I haven't had it in years. As I recall, it did make a good sammich.

All my ribbing in in jest, but it is the only store bought creamy white spread that I use. Call it what you like, it works exactly like mayo for me and I refer to it as mayo in my life.

Great stuff! As far as popularity goes, count the number of jars of it on any grocery store shelf and compare that number with the number of any other mayo and you'll find in most, it sells to more people.

To each thier own, as they say!

Around here you will always find more Miracle Whip sitting on the shelves than Hellmans...

Around here you will always find more Miracle Whip sitting on the shelves than Hellmans...
Exactly! It's given more shelf space due to more sales!

So far, I've seen that in a half-dozen states. Stores NEVER allow more shelf space unless sales support it. It's pure numbers.

Thanks for your help in proving my point! ;):rolleyes:

Bringing this back on topic, I think a quiche or fritatta with caramelized onions and garlic is very good.

Exactly! It's given more shelf space due to more sales!

So far, I've seen that in a half-dozen states. Stores NEVER allow more shelf space unless sales support it. It's pure numbers.

Thanks for your help in proving my point! ;):rolleyes:

Did I do that?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom