Handy Moment!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, I just installed our new thermostat without electrocuting myself AND it WORKS!!

To all of you truly handy people out there rolling your eyes...:-p . I am not the handiest of people so when I have a moment where I excel I need to ride the wave for a moment or two.

Fellow klutzes unite!

I was going to post a thread on how well my honey did, but you beat me to it!
I was really hoping I wasn't going to get a phone call at work today that the house had burned down and your hair was all frizzy from being electrocuted.
Three cheers for my Cutie!

img_279606_0_f55f973910fe7cdcb608b6bc40e8c048.gif

Way to go Alix...:LOL:

kadesma, which way did you say to turn this lightbulb:ROFLMAO:

Awesome Alix.............feels good doesn't it? I've learnt a lot remodeling houses and am thrilled each time I do something on my own. I'm trying to teach my ex niece how to do things herself also.

Thanks guys. Yes Sizz it does feel pretty darned good to do something like that. I'm normally not such a chicken about trying something like this (took me two weeks) but I needed someone to tell me I wouldn't electrocute myself before I would give it a go. I told Ken I'm ready for my journeyman's ticket now!

alix, now that you're a pro, try this.
tell ken you're really into this newfound talent, an apprentice electrician, and you want to install some dimmer switches in the kitchen or dining room. when he's in the room, kinda busy but seeing what you're doing, unscrew the switch plate, and when removing the old switch (making sure to have already shut off the breakers) proudly proclaim that you know exactly what you're doing, stick the screwdriver into the box and pretend to get electrocuted. really ham it up, vibrating, bulging eyes, and gritting your teeth.

it's a lot of fun watching the faces of your loved ones as you "fry". :)

it would be even better if the girls were around too...

One of my really proud moments was when I put shelves in a closet. After my son went away to college I kept asking DH to please put shelves in the deepest part of the closet to store things he had left behind but didn't want to lose track of. He kept putting me off. After a couple of months of this, I went to the hardware store and told them the measurements of the shelves I needed. They cut them exactly (I was deathly afraid of a saw). I put the shelves up and that night I told dh about them. His reaction to the shelving was very conmplimentary, "Who did you get to put in the shelving?" They looked very nice and were very sturdy. In fact, I think some of my son's stuff is still there, some high school year books, sports cards, collections from years before. I need to remind him. Some of it may be worth something.

Last edited:
buckytom said:
alix, now that you're a pro, try this.
tell ken you're really into this newfound talent, an apprentice electrician, and you want to install some dimmer switches in the kitchen or dining room. when he's in the room, kinda busy but seeing what you're doing, unscrew the switch plate, and when removing the old switch (making sure to have already shut off the breakers) proudly proclaim that you know exactly what you're doing, stick the screwdriver into the box and pretend to get electrocuted. really ham it up, vibrating, bulging eyes, and gritting your teeth.

it's a lot of fun watching the faces of your loved ones as you "fry". :)

it would be even better if the girls were around too...

LOL Bucky you are horrible.

My biggest accomplishment is the first time I changed my own tire. :) It is old hat now.....sigh.

Back
Top Bottom