Has anybody done any Quilling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, PF, did you start quilling? Anything done yet?

The oldest GD wasn't interested in quilling at all, which was kind of a bummer. I hoped that was something we could do together again. Maybe even make some Christmas cards, but she didn't want to. The youngest isn't crafty at all other than she likes to paint the wood shapes you get in craft stores. The youngest also doesn't have any patience. She's ALWAYS moving, even when she's video gaming.

The oldest one is getting charcoals, pastels, pencils, huge book of sketch paper, clay (a plastic kind that supposedly never dries out for practice and air or kiln dried for anything she wants to keep) plus a starter set of tools as part of her Christmas. She expressed an interest in trying sculpting when her mom and I were talking to her about quilling. She also didn't want to take any classes, even try to set up one-on-one tutoring with her art teacher. She wants to teach herself.

I got involved with stenciling in the bathroom, but the quilling is still there for when I get the sit down time.

Love the gift for your GD, self teaching is also the sign of an independent soul.

When I had my 24" loom, I would weave placemats and dish towels while watching T.V. As long as I was doing basic weave or twill, I could do it while watching TV and not have to pay attention. Spinning is also something I like to do while watching TV. I don't have to pay attention, my fingers and feet do all the work.

When I had my 24" loom, I would weave placemats and dish towels while watching T.V. As long as I was doing basic weave or twill, I could do it while watching TV and not have to pay attention. Spinning is also something I like to do while watching TV. I don't have to pay attention, my fingers and feet do all the work.

Aren't those looms fun? I like to watch tv and be able to knit up dog blankets. Just with the wrap over method, it's not so easy to watch tv and do a pearl or cable stitch though.

I've yet to learn how to weave on my folding ridge heddle loom. That's driving me crazy.

Did you know they have a new loom out. It's called a Zippy Loom.
Bought a master set on Amazon yesterday. It's looking like it will be a lot of fun. It can do what the 24" looms can do. Only a smaller version. Weight of the yarn needs to be a 7. WOW!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq3Osl-ZE7U

Back
Top Bottom