Help with gift ideas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sandyj

Sous Chef
My daughter is traveling overseas in two weeks, and I have to buy little presents for all the nieces and nephews.

The neices are easy - but the nephews! I never had any brothers or sons. Oy! They range in age from 3 to 17
(3, 5, 5, 9, 11, 12, 15, 17).

If anyone has any ideas for something a boy might like that is small enought to fit into my daughter's 2nd suitcase along with all the other gifts.

I've thought of CDs for the older boys and fun watches for the littler ones... the 5 year olds are starting to be into books, I think. I wish I could get them computer games, but their TV's / DVDs are not the same as in the US (TV's play PAL, DVD's "region 2") - such a bummer, because I know that would be perfect.

Any ideas would be appreciated. ;)

Right now, G.I. Joes are going like wildfire. They are an age old favorite.
Also, matchbox cars.
As far as the older ones,mmmmmmm, not sure what is in these days. I would find out what kind of music they listen too. Get them a cd or even a gift card they can use to purchase their own. American Express has the gift cards now that everyone takes.

Sandy,
our Cade was just 5 in September and loves cd movies, like Finding Nemo, and Shrek most little kids will enoy a movie...We took him to see Brother Bear and Home on the Range and he just pleaded for the cd's for them...He is building quite a nice little movie library for himself:LOL:
kadesma,
Oh yes he also loves to play board game, Duck, duck, goose, Candyland...
There I did it again, called a movie a cd instead of a dvd, lord help me I must be getting old

Last edited:
:) Hot wheels and Tonka trucks?
Yoyos, puzzles, small hand held games, candy, books?
Do they have a bathtub... I've only seen a few on my trips to Europe
but...if they do they have some fun bath fingerpaints and crayons out now. Fun!! Do they like arts and crafts? There are lots of choices there. GOOD LUCK!!!:):)

A favorite gift in our family for the older kids are the rub off lottery tickets. Another...McDonalds Coupons...or any other young peoples "favorite" dining place. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom