Hi - I love to bake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fabulous Baker Girl

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I've been baking cakes since I was little and am a new joiner to the forum. I got serious about baking late last year - I love to bake celebration cakes, birthday cakes (I love making face cakes) and cup cakes.

Here's a cake I baked for my nephew's birthday:

377278166_o.jpg

He loved it! What kind of cakes do you like to bake?

WoW, FabulousBakerGirl...that cake is to die for! Surely your little nephew will eat it "all gone". Welcome to DC. We can use a fabulous baker girl to counterbalance me...i've got the "girl" part down but "fabulous baker"?...notsomuch :blush:

mollyanne - thanks for your sweet response I'm really enjoying the baking - I make a cake most weeks, now - there's a little "Fabulous" :chef: in you I'm sure. You're right though, he really ate it all up and insisted on cutting slices for everyone because it was HIS cake! I love seeing people's reactions when they see their cakes.

Hi fabulous baker girl!what a pleasure to have you aboard!welcome to Dc!i love to bake too,cakes,cookies,pies,bars,rolls,pizzas ,you name it!
i'm sure you will love it here as we have some finest and most expert bakers here..:)

Thanks for the warm welcome Sarah - feels great to be among experts here. Wow you are into a variety of items, made me hungry just to read them! I think I'm going to head off and do some cup cakes for a barbeque we might (British weather permitting of course) have today. That should be fun!

I look forward to sharing with everyone;)

Baking is the best hobby ever. You mix, you wait you eat. I love to see the look on people's faces when they eat my cakes or breads. Please give me some feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you, Fabulous Baker Girl. I like to bake too, even though I don't do it a lot at the moment. My children's hands down favorite cake is a strawberry cake made from a cake mix, strawberry gelatin, and also includes real strawberries.

Back
Top Bottom