"Hi there..." from Germany...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi,

thank you all for your warm welcome... it feels good to read and discuss here...

@alena> well... i really belive we should trade recipes... because I'm looking for american chistmas recipes... (even if I know, that american tradition varies from place to place...) But i think at the weekend i'll start a new thread espacialy for you about german christmas...

@cara you have gone a little to far... but it was my fault... dont mind...Im living in WOLFSBURG... the hometown of VW, Volkswagen or also known as Vdub in the states... :)

A DC Meeting in Germany? We should realy have an eye on that... :chef:

Markus, Wolfsburg was the first to come on my mind, but I asked viamichelin about km and then realized it's not directly at the A2....
I've been to WOB last year, we visited the Autostadt with our classic Daimler Club... :)

Markus, I'm so glad you found this cooking site!

Have you tried the Macaroni and Cheese that Half-Baked shared with you? It is really good!

When I think of American Food, my first thought is our Traditional Thanksgiving Feasts. Have you ever made anything like that?

Markus und Frau Markus - Wilkommen im forum - von ein Brit.

Haben sie ein rezept fur "Hexte"?

Please forgive my terrible German, but some time ago, when we visited my wife´s brother in Kassel, Hesse, we went to a restaurant called, I think, Zum Viener Wald. I ordered ´Hexte´(oder Hechste. veilleicht) and they brought this huge portion of - I think - pig leg. It almost killed me, but it was wonderful. Is it traditional?

NormanM said:
Haben sie ein rezept fur "Hexte"?

Hexte? I don't know... hmmm... what could it.... ?

NormanM said:
when we visited my wife´s brother in Kassel, Hesse, we went to a restaurant called, I think, Zum Viener Wald. I ordered ´Hexte´(oder Hechste. veilleicht) and they brought this huge portion of - I think - pig leg. It almost killed me, but it was wonderful. Is it traditional?

Oh my god... you went to Kassel, Hessen... that's one of the worst place to learn german... ;) just kidding, but the people of Hessen really have a hard slang...

A Pig Leg is called "Schweinehaxe"... yes, it's traditional, but it belongs more to the south, i belive... In Bavaria they call it "Hax'n" and as far as i know they call it Hecksle in Hessen... but don't count on it...

I don't have a good recipe myself, but my dad have. I'll ask him to write it down...

Greetings Markus

Norman, Markus is right.. Hessen's dialect is horrible...

It's not so easy to make a Haxe by yourself as you need the special salted pig leg.. do you know, if you can buy it?

Back
Top Bottom