How much are you paying for gas where you live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it happened! Charged over $60 for full tank. $4.14 for Silver at the station I went to. Just grateful I have 6 cylinder. Tahoe was at the next pump and he was still there when I left. This is truly mind baffling that people are willing to pay this much for gas and without a rally of some kind. I did see group of 5 people praying and singing at one service station here. I am not complaining, if we all did that maybe it would make a big difference. I believe that for sure.

still holding at $3.95 here in NJ but I've seen some places that are $3.91 if you pay cash. This whole gas thing stinks. They know we need it, so they will charge whatever they want. What they don't realize is that it's bringing everything else up in price. The people that were just getting by with their pay checks aren't anymore. Something needs to be done. They really should drill here in NJ. That would improve the supply and thus, cost would go down because these other companies would have competition.

It's $3.89 down here in south Texas now. Woohoo! We have a flex fuel vehicle now but I have yet to use ethonol. Any suggestions so I won't screw up my new car? DH says ethonol may be cheaper but burns faster so it adds up to be the same.

It was down to $3.83 before noon yesterday and by 5pm last night it was $3.53.....I held off hoping today it would be even lower....I need to go see.

we are down to 4.18 a gal. as of yasterday not sure what it's at today.
Sizzlin--- I hope ours starts going down as fast as yours, but I doubt it NY state always seems to keep it high by adding more taxes

Here in Eastern Pennsylvania, regular gas has actually gone down over the last two weeks, from a high of $4.05 to $3.95............

$3.65 in one spot here last night, but most other places are around $3.85...I hope it keeps going down. I will never complain again about paying $2.50 a gallon. But I do miss the $0.99 a gallon in the summer of 2001....

We just dropped to $3.56 here at one of the local stations. I did a double take because I coudn't believe it.

Last edited:
$3.65 in one spot here last night, but most other places are around $3.85...I hope it keeps going down. I will never complain again about paying $2.50 a gallon. But I do miss the $0.99 a gallon in the summer of 2001....

My Dad used to own a gas station. I remember the days in the mid to upper 1970's......he would come home and complain and curse that he had to raise the gas prices....again. It really DID hurt and bother him that he had to do this to his customers. I especially remember the day he came home and was madder than a hornet because he had to purchase additional quantities of the number "1" to use on the sign to show the pricing.......gas "jumped" from 7 cents to 10 cents per gallon. :ohmy:

Around here, it's been $3.49, $3.59, & $3.69 (for low to hi octane). The guy across the street from him still has his low (87) at $3.69!

Back
Top Bottom