I Could Eat Like A Horse....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a Keeshond once and she dearly loved raw potatoes. I kept the bag by the door leading from the kitchen to the garage. Whenever she went out she'd stop by for the biggest potato she could find to take with her.
She ate anything... sauerkraut didn't set well with her stomach and I only gave her that once!

When she got old the vet put her on a diet of lamb & rice which you could only get at the vet's office! $1.00 a small can. I never thought about hamburger and rice or I would have made her that myself. Instead I wrote Alpo and told them my dilemna... that you couldn't buy it in the store... and they now have come out with it. Too late for my dog, though, unfortunately.

luvs_food. You need to get your cat onto drinking water. I think your cat has strong instincts. In the wild, cats don't eat at the watering hole. Try placing water away from where your cat eats.

My cat drinks water from bowls I have set on the bathroom vanity, on the washer, in the living room, great room, and out in his special screened in patio and yard. He's always refused to drink any water in the kitchen where his food is.

The extra bowls of water is part of his crf therapy. Vet says cats are opportunistic water drinkers. They'll drink water if it's convenient. Otherwise, they'll stay thirsty and wait to drink until they are in the area of their water. Since he drinks his water, I don't have to stick him with the needle to give him fluids from the bag.

did i also metion i can't eat chicken pork chops ribs roast or steak in peace??? nope cause not only is disney there (the one who thinks she's a dog) but so is my oyhter cat sheba and my dog rocky. :roll:
depending on what we're eating and if he's around i also have my son in front of me waiting to share lol.

middie said:
did i also metion i can't eat chicken pork chops ribs roast or steak in peace??? nope cause not only is disney there (the one who thinks she's a dog) but so is my oyhter cat sheba and my dog rocky. :roll:
depending on what we're eating and if he's around i also have my son in front of me waiting to share lol.

Sounds like your pets and your son have you well trained. :D

Psiguyy said:
luvs_food. You need to get your cat onto drinking water. I think your cat has strong instincts.

he drinks plenty water, he's just very finicky about WHERE he drinks it, :D
he just gets his milk as an extra. :D

middie said:
all i know is my one cat (who thinks she's a dog) hates tuna.
but she loves mcdonald's french fries,
potato chips (pringles preferably) and yes even popcorn.

LOL ! How does your cat think she's a dog?? and how did you actually know that?? :LOL:

moon cause she plays fetch and when you come home she's waiting at the door for you. guess you'd have to see how she is... but believe me if she could bark she would!

I had a dog that thought she was human. She would jump up in a chair at the kitchen table & sit with her paws on the table while my mom was cooking.

middie said:
moon cause she plays fetch and when you come home she's waiting at the door for you. guess you'd have to see how she is... but believe me if she could bark she would!

crewsk said:
I had a dog that thought she was human. She would jump up in a chair at the kitchen table & sit with her paws on the table while my mom was cooking.

You guys are so funny!!!!!! :D

cresk my cousin had a pit bull that sat at the kitchen table and watch everybody playing cards. and he'd look at one person to the other while they were talking. he was so funny. in a way i guess he thought he was human too. even slept on the bed with his head next to mine on the pillow lol.

MY cat Sox's favorite treat is teriyki jerky.
I can open a bag of it in another room while he is asleep and he comes running.

He gets Purina Salmon and rice that's his favorite. But he won't hardly eat wet food.
I also put The Missing Link on his food.

He likes cheese and salami. But he isn't fun to sleep with after the salami.
:roll:

"I also put The Missing Link on his food."
7.gif

wasabi said:
"I also put The Missing Link on his food."
7.gif
It is a vitamin suppliment. With lots of stuff in it and his coat is beautiful. My mom started putting it on her 8 yr old cats food. (one brother and two sisters) and their coats are great.. they talk more and play more.

georgeart, isn't it great the way that sort of thing perks them up?
advantage flea medicine helps them, too. my one cat had a reaction, though!
my one kitty has to go to the vet tomorrow, sigh. he must have a bladder infection. poor guy is straining and straining but nothing is coming out. :cry: it's so sad when the cats get sick; they don't understand why they are in pain or are feeling ucky, and it's not like you can explain it to them. okay, i'm getting tearful, i must go pet him now. poor guy.

luvs_food, I hope that your kitty feels better. My dog, Skidder, eats raw veggies. His favorites are: bellpepper, carrots, cauliflower, and spinach. He also likes bananas. Other than that I just feed him IAMS dry dog food and pedigree canned dog food. He gets a small bowl of milk every morning. When he is at my parents home gets one small scoop of vanilla ice cream.

SC

thanks, sierracook. :) he's trying to hide from his pain right now, i think. i found him behind the couch and he doesn't usually go behind there. i cannot WAIT until we can get him to the cat doctor.

luvs_food said:
georgeart, isn't it great the way that sort of thing perks them up?
advantage flea medicine helps them, too. my one cat had a reaction, though!
my one kitty has to go to the vet tomorrow, sigh. he must have a bladder infection. poor guy is straining and straining but nothing is coming out. :cry: it's so sad when the cats get sick; they don't understand why they are in pain or are feeling ucky, and it's not like you can explain it to them. okay, i'm getting tearful, i must go pet him now. poor guy.

Bet your vet will put your cat on CD food.

How long has your cat been suffering? Couldn't your vet take him in sooner? My cat's vet will always see my cat immediately if he's ill. They don't make him wait for an appointment. If there's a problem, they want to see him yesterday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom