I dreamt I baked/made...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
A rhubarb-cheese-rosemary savory cheese baking powder biscuit...now I want to see if I can, but the rhubarb isn't quite ready. Has anyone else dreamt of food you've never eaten but been able to make the recipe?

I once dreamt I made a black pepper and sesame seed martini. Of course, I'd never actually want to make it (or drink it).

Yours sounds much better than mine!

I am curious about your recipe. I think for me the rhubarb chopped raw in a biscuit would be too "puckery". Let us know how you make out.

I was in the local Wegmans grocery this week and they had rhubarb for $5.99 per pound!
I could not believe it. When I was growing up rhubarb was like air, you kind of took it for granted.

Oh--Aunt Bea, what makes you think that I had a pen and paper handy? Now that you've thrown down the gauntlet, I guess I have to try to make these (the rhubarb is almost ready) LOL! In my dream, the rhubarb was raw, chopped, and dredged in flour. Okay, I'm game, I'll see if I can do this. If it works, it will be my one entry in the 4 seasons cook off! I didn't quite catch what kind of cheese I used in my dream...I have one in mind, but what do the savory flavor lovers think? And, I haven't done an Internet search to see if there are recipes like this...

In my "real" life I am a writer and editor. I write and edit ALL THE TIME in my sleep (my clients have no idea how many revisions they get at no charge), but I have never "made up" recipes in my sleep until now. DC is having a negative effect on my sleep patterns!

Last edited:
Now that Aunt Bea has elevated my dream to a recipe, I must say that I had that got s/one in trouble was when I dreamt I introduced my DH to J (his "dream girlfriend"). My DH doesn't remember his dreams--I can "direct" my dreams as if they were movies and I am rarely, if ever, in my dreams, but anyway, because of my dream about J, I gave him s*it and updates on what was going on in their relationship--he was a good sport, he played along...or, at least he did until I told him that she's a cat person--his one dog is NOT cat friendly...so now he is lamenting that he can't see her anymore because she's a cat person, and is waiting for me to dream up another girlfriend for him<g>. My DH is perhaps the most introverted, private person I've ever met. He talks to me, but my family and friends still ask me when he's going to learn to talk (this after 23 years of being together). He's very, very, very shy with other people. I haven't told him about the recipe challenge yet.

I once dreamt I made a black pepper and sesame seed martini. Of course, I'd never actually want to make it (or drink it).

Yours sounds much better than mine!

Actually, that combination sounds kinda interesting...black or roasted sesame seeds?

I think the cheese and rhubarb is a good combination but, I would go with a cheese scone and serve it with a warm rhubarb jam. Sweet and savory combo.

Okay--but in my dream, the "biscuit" had rhubarb and cheese in it...hmmm....I've got lots of rhubarb with which to play...and cheese.

Are you going to share?

Well... the latest, I made a chicken dish with prosciutto in a dream. I never ever made anything with prosciutto and I made it and it was wonderful!

There have been other times, they usually end up on my blog after I make them. It has happened quite a few times.

Last edited:
I once dreamed I was eating a swan, it was a bad night someone broke in and stole my pillow.

It wasn't quite biscuits--it was savory rhubarb won tons. I took a couple of stalks of rhubarb, a bit of butter, splish of vodka, and a sprinkle of maple syrup, and put those in a frying pan, grated a whole bunch of ginger on top, squeezed some lime (fresh) juice in, grated chedder (white) and some smokey paprika, a clove of garlic. Cooked that down, and then I put 1 tsp of that in a won ton wrapper and deep fried it. I dressed the won tons with a bit of white cheddar and a sprinkle of smokey paprika. I'll eat these again.

A splish is smaller than a spalsh. and a sprinkle is smaller than a splish.

Last edited:
It wasn't quite biscuits--it was savory rhubarb won tons. I took a couple of stalks of rhubarb, a bit of butter, splish of vodka, and a sprinkle of maple syrup, and put those in a frying pan, grated a whole bunch of ginger on top, squeezed some lime (fresh) juice in, grated chedder (white) and some smokey paprika, a clove of garlic. Cooked that down, and then I put 1 tsp of that in a won ton wrapper and deep fried it. I dressed the won tons with a bit of white cheddar and a sprinkle of smokey paprika. I'll eat these again.

A splish is smaller than a spalsh. and a sprinkle is smaller than a splish.

That sounds interesting!! I was going to say if you try and make the biscuits with the rubarb, provalone cheese sounds like it would be a good one to pair with it, in my opinion :-D

These "won tons" were really tasty. I didn't measure--sorry--I just went by taste...and they only took about 20 minutes--I only made six because I was "testing" what I had dreamt (would've been less time if I'd thought to turn on the deep fryer while I was reducing the rhubarb--dah. And the only cheese I had in the house was cream, cheddar, and ricotta, so I went with the white cheddar). It's a holiday here-grocery stores are closed and my van is funky. But, I'll be making these again. Nice way to use rhubarb. My DH will love these.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom