I need a stand mixer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perhaps a few yards of cloth to make a machine cover and pouches for the flat beater and dough hook. Figure on storing the whisk in the bowl. KA recommends not leaving the flat beater installed on the machine for storage.

A king-size pillow case in a kitchen coordinating color makes a fine cover for a mixer.

I put my old Pittsburgh Steelers Terrible Towel over mine. I also have some old Grateful Dead concert T's, and am considering using one of those.

I use this one at work all the time. Its a beast.

ForumRunner_20120530_230147.png

I have the winidow open and that nasty city gritty dirt comes in and falls on everything. I hate to close the winidow. This apartment needs the fresh air. :huh:

Sounds like the window needs a moving! :mrgreen:

We live in the city too, but we don't have a window over the counter and we never open the window in the kitchen, we do open the back door though.

Sounds like the window needs a moving! :mrgreen:

We live in the city too, but we don't have a window over the counter and we never open the window in the kitchen, we do open the back door though.

On my side of the building is Route 1A. A major highway to upper New England. And then not too far are the big oil tankers on the creek. More polution.

Reading this thread prompted me to go cruise ebay to see if there were any older Kitchenaids at good prices. I thought that maybe if I found one in good shape at a good price, then I'd buy it as a backup, a spare. Well that's when I saw the VINTAGE ones, the ones from the 50s and 60s..... I bought a vintage Kitchenaid 3c! This has a smaller 3qt "beehive" shaped pyrex bowl. I really wanted it when I saw it. I showed it to my partner when he got home thinking that he would roll his eyes and laugh. He ended up saying "that's really cool, you should buy it"! Then he proceeded to go into the kitchen and make a space for it on the big window ledge in the kitchen! Well after that I had no choice but to buy it!

This will look really cool in the kitchen, and it works! I look forward to getting it and playing around with it!

Its nice to find something that looks cool has history and still functions. That's why I like old people.

My old people joke was not meant to hurt feelings or upset anyone. If it did I'm sorry.

Its nice to find something that looks cool has history and still functions. That's why I like old people.

My old people joke was not meant to hurt feelings or upset anyone. If it did I'm sorry.

No apology necessary. We all realize that everyone of us is going to be old some day. At 73 y.o., I have heard it all. No feelings left to be hurt. Since you like old people, then at my age you must love me.

My kids have entered me in a weird contest. My sister died at the age of 74. So my kids want me to live to 75. So they can rub it in her kids nose. I am afraid to ask why.

Right now I am watching the Spelling Bee and feeling very stupid. And I always thought I was a good speller. Just to let you know how stupid I can be, why do I watch shows that make me feel stupid. A girl just won. YEA FOR THE GIRLS!!!:angel:

S.O.S. :ohmy:

My end of the year present situation changed, it's coming in July, and so I need to give my request for present within an hour, the HR is calling me. :shock: So I am down to two options. Kitchen Aid Professional 620 6-Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer and Kitchen Aid 7- Quart Bowl Lift NSF Commercial Stand Mixer.
What say you?

On a separate note. I stopped by at a store today, they have cusinart 7 quart bowl on clearence for $299. Plus all the cusinart atachtments are on clearence too. At first I thought they getting rid off flour model, but no, they have 2 more in the boxes un-opened. For this kind of price I think i should just get it for my dairy side. I have couple hundred I saved form my borthday money from 2 years ago.

If you can afford it, get the one that makes your heart beat faster. If you have to be sensible and end up getting the one that will be okay, but not the one you really want, then you will never be truly happy with it. You will like it, but not love it. Good luck. And don't forget to give her a name. They work better when they know they are loved enough to have a name. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom