I'm back!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Hi everyone! Sure did miss you all. Well we've settled into our apartment now. Still no news on a house yet though. We're patiently waiting. But for the time being this apartment living isn't so bad. I've enjoyed being able to use my decorative side and get it looking so homey. Plus its wonderful to be cooking again with my own kitchenware. The best part is being able to relax and enjoy the summer now. We went camping/boating last weekend and had a blast. Thats the most relaxing time I've had in I don't know how long. This weekend we're taking the kids up to Cedar Point Ohio. We're leaving tomorrow night and coming back Monday. Looking forward to screaming my head off on the roller coasters :LOL: . Anyway, I got some reading to do I can see.

Welcome back, Sizz!!Glad your back again!!
:w00t2:
We have quite a few new members too. Lots of stuff to look at!!

050103brd1_prv.gif

Glad you're back!

We got back from our trip yesterday. We had a blast. If you get a chance to ever go to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio I totally recommend it. Its way better than Six Flags or Kings Island. I still can't believe I rode some of those rides. The craziest ones were Top Drag.....I actually like it though......for the speed not so much the going up and down, The Millenium.....never again in my life will I go on that one again, The Mantis.....another I will completely avoid. Check out their site and you'll see what rides I'm talking about. The had several areas for our youngest also. A lot of people I've talked to thought it was just Roller Coasters...........lots and lots of other rides too.
Here's a tip though to save money: Before you go locate a grocery store and pick up some donuts, juice or milk for breakfast and eat that on your way. Also, pick up lunch. We picked up some deli meats, delie pastas, salads. Took all our condiments with us from home. Also, before I left I went to the dollar store and picked up the pop, chips, paper products. We saved so much money by doing this. We all just picked a time to meet at the entrance and went to the vehicle and ate our lunch. We did go out for supper.
We ate at a pizza place called East of Chicago and I loved their pizza. I normally don't eat the crust end but this crust was so good. Ok, I've babbled enough. Glad to be back!

Welcome back Sizz,:)
glad your back with us.. You were missed.
kadesma:LOL:

The Millenium.....never again in my life will I go on that one again, The Mantis.....another I will completely avoid.

sizz those are some of the best rides !!!!!. the raptor is my personal favorite though.
glad to see you had fun. and even better to see you back

Hey Mid! I was thinking about you when I was driving through Ohio. I couldn't remember what city you were from. I loved the Raptor too............laughed the whole time.

well you weren't that far away. the views at cedar point of lake erie were beautiful. so without whipping out my atlas are you near the lake?

oh wow thats something i didn't even think about. i'll def. put that on my list for our next visit. Anything else around there to do besides Cedar Point I should add to my list? We did go to the Drive Thru African Safari. That was wild to have Bison, Moose, etc put their heads thru our windows. We even had one of the fisty mountain goats ram its head into the vehicle. It was a rental so thankfully no damage. I'm still in awe to have fed those animals by hand. Yes they said to throw the food on the ground but I couldn't resist. Amazing to have a deer eat from your hand and look at you with those big brown eyes. We planned on going to one of the wineries close by but time eluded us. oh well thats on my list also.

you should visit the islands sizz.
middle bass island
put-in-bay

lots of shopping and eating !

there's also great wolf lodge right down
the street from cedar point. it's an
indoor water park. want me to send you
the link ?

we saw that resort on our way and are considering staying there or at the one right in cedar point. heck as much as we spent on the hotel this time we can add a few hundred more and the tickets and things will be included. Plus it would be nice to walk out of the hotel right to the park. we stay in bellevue and were truely disappointed in the hotel there. but we waited to long to book our reservations. plus we had an extra person so it was hard to find a hotel to accompany 6 people. the resorts seemed to come up a max of 5. so we ended up having to book 2 rooms. plus most all the resorts and nice hotels close were booked. oh well next time we'll plan early do it right. thanks for the tips.

unfort. i can't because my oldest son will be starting his college baseball stint and we won't know his schedule for awhile. and since he's attending the college on a baseball scholorship they basically own his time when it comes to ballgames. no play time off the field unless its an off day.

as soon as i have his schedule i'll talk to his coach and get arrangements started. again thanks for the tips

Back
Top Bottom