I'm Getting (re)Married!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had the same problem yesterday, when I clicked on the mobile app, I got the tomato post, on the computer, I got the proper post. Strange.

The base will be a pale silver to go with my dress. There will be painted and sugar (to give depth) daisies and butterflies in purple and green. The flowers and butterflies will be on top (round) and large square cakes. The whole think is cake by the way! No styrofoam!

The designer calls it asymetrical, but to me it is symetrical, more "defying gravity".

My best friend came over with a batch of her awesome health giving Won tons as my bronchitis is still not going away.

She said it looked like her husband would be able to come for the whole day of the ceremony, tea and dinner. She then said "Now you better not be catering this". I also showed her a picture of the cake and was able to say no, I am putting the menu together and getting (a person we both know) to execute it, and will do some parts of the cake and get my young protege to put it all together the day of. My BFF was very proud of me... and so am I! :angel:

This is wonderful, Laurie!

I'm so happy for you! And your date of August 23 is so very interesting! My Mamma's parents were married on August 23, 1942!!

With love,
~Cat

Thanks, Cat. Our actual wedding anniversary is September 1st, but that is a Monday, and the last long weekend before school starts here so very busy for people who we would want to come. Also, we are leaving for holidays on the 12th and the August date just seemed the best. I like that it is on your grandparents' anniversary. It makes it even more special! :)

Thanks, Cat. Our actual wedding anniversary is September 1st, but that is a Monday, and the last long weekend before school starts here so very busy for people who we would want to come. Also, we are leaving for holidays on the 12th and the August date just seemed the best. I like that it is on your grandparents' anniversary. It makes it even more special! :)

Thank you! And I love the idea of that beautiful cake! My Aunty Ileana (Papa's sister) is making our cake but she said it's a surprise, so we do not have an idea of what it is.

And also, I think your dress is much prettier than mine. You will be a beautiful bride (again)!

With love,
~Cat

Thank you! And I love the idea of that beautiful cake! My Aunty Ileana (Papa's sister) is making our cake but she said it's a surprise, so we do not have an idea of what it is.

And also, I think your dress is much prettier than mine. You will be a beautiful bride (again)!

With love,
~Cat

Two questions for you Cat. Will you be wearing a long white gown and have you considered using one of your tiaras with the veil attached? One more questions. Have you and Carl any idea of when you want to get married? :angel:

Last edited:
I haven't reported in awhile, but things are moving along nicely. The guest list is uncertain as many people are already booked but we are fine with whoever can come. The actual invitations go out this week so we will get a more firm count after that.

I have my dress and just have to make a new underdress for it. I love it and can't wait to be able to wear it for real.

The cake design is finalized. I have three cakes to make before then so will get back into practice before mine. I am doing all the preliminary work and having a friend assemble it on the day.

We are still unsure what the menu for the dinner (about 60 - 75 people) will be. We have gone from baron of beef to BBQ to Chicken. It is funny how I have catered so many events and have been able to suggest menus for others but can't decide my own. Maybe I will let my friend who is catering it make the suggestions! ;)

The photographer is booked and so is the church where we will have everything - ceremony, tea and dinner. There is a great park close by for pictures.

We did some heavy thinking yesterday and have pretty much decided that we are going to postpone this until next year.

Like a "real" wedding, three months is just not long enough to plan, specially when you want people to come in the summer...they are often already booked.

So, we will decide as soon as we can talk to our pastor and the church secretary on a new date next year and then have everyone save it ahead of time.

Things were just not coming together. I was rushed trying to make the invitations and the design wasn't working. My caterer friend realized that she accidentally double booked herself for that day and we were second.

The only thing is that the photographer is booked and a deposit made but that is okay, because we don't have pictures of us so we are going to have a family session then book her again for the real thing.

I feel good about this. We aren't cancelling, but this way we will have it the way we want and with the people we want.

We did some heavy thinking yesterday and have pretty much decided that we are going to postpone this until next year.

Like a "real" wedding, three months is just not long enough to plan, specially when you want people to come in the summer...they are often already booked.

So, we will decide as soon as we can talk to our pastor and the church secretary on a new date next year and then have everyone save it ahead of time.

Things were just not coming together. I was rushed trying to make the invitations and the design wasn't working. My caterer friend realized that she accidentally double booked herself for that day and we were second.

The only thing is that the photographer is booked and a deposit made but that is okay, because we don't have pictures of us so we are going to have a family session then book her again for the real thing.

I feel good about this. We aren't cancelling, but this way we will have it the way we want and with the people we want.

It's sounds like it's for the best. More time to plan, more family and friends available, less rushing and less stress. Take it easy and keep us posted on your plans as they develop :)

I know you must be disappointed Laurie but maybe it's for the best. Maybe a quiet renewal of your vows with just the two of you under your apple tree again would be more meaningful for the two of you anyway. Other people involved isn't important anyway, and frankly, I doubt anyone but the two of you sees it as an important event in their lives. Maybe things not working out was a reality check to rethink the whole thing. Hugs to you...and have a wonderful time on your honeymoon cruise in September! That beautiful dress will be perfect for "formal nite"

Last edited:
I keep trying to reply and my hands go on the wrong keys and I lose the post.

Kayelle, actually people WANT to be there which is one of the reasons we want to postpone to give them more notice. They are thrilled for us and want to be part of it.

We couldn't do it under the apple tree if we wanted because it, and the house we had aren't there anymore. But doing it in the church means more to us.

My caterer friend was ecstatic when I told her we were postponing because she really wants to do it for us as I have helped her out a few times. We will give her the date as soon as we know and she is going to book it off right away.

Those that said they couldn't come and we have told them we are thinking of waiting are really happy and telling us times they can't be here.

I am feeling much better about this.

Back
Top Bottom