Insomnia Cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
So I knew today was supposed to be crappy out, Hot, Humid and thunder storms in the afternoon. Figured it would be a great day to do my cooking, so I can spend the nicer days outdoors.

Woke up at 4:30am. Wide awake and nothing to do. So, decided to start my cooking. Its now 7:30am and I've already made A pot of Borscht, Asparagus soup, Enchiladas/ Enchilada Sauce, Garlic Scape Pesto and a double batch of Onion Soup ( 1 batch for my daughter who will be visiting us in a few weeks, unless we make it down there first).

Its great that Im ahead of the game for today, but now I have to find something else to do :)

Still have Soft Ptretzels, Indian string beans, tomatoes, potatoes ( gotta pick the string beans first, will do that before it rains). Also, as always, my annual fathers day gift from my son is a 25 pound bag of onions ( hence the onion soup), so Ill also make a batch of slow cooker caramelized onions, pickled onions and whatever else I can think of doing with them. ( last few years he bought me 50 pound bags, this year, being in China, he asked my wife to pick its up for him. I told her 25 pounds will be more than enough, especially since ill be harvesting my own in a few weeks)

Same weather here in the Finger lakes of NY.
I was also up early - 4 loaves of English Muffin Bread, double batch of dinner rolls, a pot of bq sauce made and canned up. Straighten up my freezer and took all the chicken scraps and beef scraps and bones that I have been saving up and presently have pot of chix broth and beef broth cooking. Will make some kind of cookies or a cake in a little while then I think I will done in the kitchen.

Just finished up the enchiladas, picked the string beans before it gets tooo hot. Now taking a break ( while my wife cleans up my mess) before round two starts.

What I think is kinda cool ( just realized it) , is that everything im making represents another county or region. Very diverse in the kitchen today, and most importantly, unlike most other times I cook in tr wee hours of the morning, no injuries and I still have all of y fingers. Thats a first!! Although, the day is still young.

Back
Top Bottom