Is DC Hazardous To Your Health?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yikes! I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this. If you DO decide to pull it out yourself make sure to get it on video. The money you win from Funniest Home Videos will help with your medical bills. :LOL::sick::LOL:

Seriously, get better soon!

Thanks, Barb. Best laugh I've had in days.

Holy crap Andy! You too??? I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Sure hope things get better asap.

Maybe we need to start the Virtual Infirmary around here. Sounds like a lot of us needed to be there the last week or so.

Oh--I've got a puncture wound in my arm (thanks to Rocky) puffy where he hit me, and a pink line running up my arm (which I marked with a pen--hasn't moved for over 1.5 hours). Self-medicating with antibiotics (dog, but they came from the pharmacy). If I hadn't had 2 glasses of wine, I'd be in the emergency room right now.

Please be careful with the pink line. I had one and it was blood poisoning from an infected thumb nail.

Please be careful with the pink line. I had one and it was blood poisoning from an infected thumb nail.
Fortunately, it is much better today. I had a bout of blood poisoning as a child (result of infected poison ivy on my toe). I was raised by a nurse, so I do know the signs, even though blood poisoning isn't a medical term.

Oh--I've got a puncture wound in my arm (thanks to Rocky) puffy where he hit me, and a pink line running up my arm (which I marked with a pen--hasn't moved for over 1.5 hours). Self-medicating with antibiotics (dog, but they came from the pharmacy). If I hadn't had 2 glasses of wine, I'd be in the emergency room right now.

I don't care how much wine you've had, once that line starts, you are in trouble. Please seek help ASAP!!!

You need KFlex, Kaflex? Princess, help explain.

I've had that kind of poisoning, your body needs help - soon!

Last edited:
CWS says it's better and I'm not there to take a look at it. We'll have to take her word for and and just remind her that if it gets worse head for the ER.

CWS, it better be better...

Ouch. Reading about your problem, Andy, is like watching someone get hit you know where. I can almost feel it myself. Get well soon, friend.

Episode Two of the Saga

The ER Dr. had told me he'd call my urologist so he'd take me in to de-cath me Thurs. or Fri. He never did. I called and they said they couldn't fit me in. I then called my Dr. and he said he'd take care of it.

Later his Asst. called and asked if there was any time on Thurs. or Fri. that I could not make an appointment. I said no. Anytime or place.

She called back later and told me Dr. wanted me to take an additional .4mg dose of insulin.

WHAT!?

She repeated, take insulin.

I don't use insulin.

You don't

Never!

Are you sure?

Silence. I am not a diabetic.

Do you use the preloaded lancets?

NO! I am not diabetic and have never used insulin!

What's your date of birth?

12/1/44

Aren't you Mr. XXX

No, I'm the guy looking for an appointment for a urologist

Oh, I'll have to talk to the Dr. and call you back.

Wait, remember it has to be Thurs. or Fri.

OK.

I'm glad no one took my BP at that point. She called back later to tell me she had an appointment for me but I had to go to a different office. She gave me the info and said my appointment was for Monday the 21st...

NO! It has to be Thurs. or Fri.

There is nothing.

Tell the Dr. I'll go to the ER - forget it!

Yikes Andy, what a fubar! Maybe you should get those instructions from PF. Once that balloon that is holding the catheter in place is deflated, it should come out no problem and no discomfort. I don't know how to deflate the modern ones.

Last edited:
The ER Dr. had told me he'd call my urologist so he'd take me in to de-cath me Thurs. or Fri. He never did. I called and they said they couldn't fit me in. I then called my Dr. and he said he'd take care of it.

Later his Asst. called and asked if there was any time on Thurs. or Fri. that I could not make an appointment. I said no. Anytime or place.

She called back later and told me Dr. wanted me to take an additional .4mg dose of insulin.

WHAT!?

I don't use insulin.

You don't

Never!

Are you sure?

12/1/44

Aren't you Mr. XXX

OK.

I'm glad no one took my BP at that point. She called back later to tell me she had an appointment for me but I had to go to a different office. She gave me the info and said my appointment was for Monday the 21st...

There is nothing.

A walk-in clinic would be cheaper than the ER, Andy.

Yikes Andy, what a fubar! Maybe you should get those instructions from PF. Once that balloon that is holding the catheter in place is deflated, it should come out no problem and no discomfort. I don't know how to deflate the modern ones.

My offer still stands, Andy. I'll let you know in PM, let me know you want to know...

Andy, I see you are in "Mass" which I know is a reasonable size state. I have a friend who drive's Boston Local airport limos and he's forever running across to some Airport in Warwick or Providence RI or some-such, so places must be pretty close in your area. Surely there is some Doctor's office that can remove a simple cath that is not an ER visiit. Frankly, it sounds like a pretty simple DIY project given qualified how-to instrux. I think I read the offer and hope you take that advice. As for my advice, I suggest you invest in one of those "nose warmers" found else where on the Today's Funny Page before running all over town exposing yourself in strange dr's offices. :ohmy::ROFLMAO:

And I do hope you are feeling better as the week goes along!!

WHAT!?

I don't use insulin.

You don't

Never!

Are you sure?

12/1/44

Aren't you Mr. XXX

OK.

There is nothing.

WT HEll! I have similar experiences with one of my last docs. I wound up yelling at her and firng her and walking out on the appointment. I have been through several since with ridiculous stuff like that. They wonder why we men don't like going to the doctor.

Mine kept telling me why she is changing a medication I am on. I kept telling her i have not been on that med for years. She would not back down nor admit she was mistaken. When i finally yelled at her her responce was "you seem so agitated today". The next one wanted me stop taking most of my blood tests because they aren't really necessary and just show up as bad things to worry about (I have things to worry about). The one after that I requested sent me to my blood work and forgot to request A1C (biggest one for diabetics). She says "I don't know what happened".

Hope you get better soon Andy!

Andy, have you considered the walk-in clinics that CVS has. They have a nurse practioner on duty all the time. She should be able to remove the catheter for you. Good Luck. You are in my prayers. I know what you are going through. Been there, done that. Mt last pregnancy 35 years ago damaged one kidney. Now I have to go through tests all the time. :angel::angel:

Make sure you take your ER discharge paperwork with you, Andy. Someone will want to see it and make sure the catheter is supposed to come out today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the paperwork suggestion, pf.

Thank you all for your suggestions, well wishes and sympathies.

Back
Top Bottom