ISO help choosing a kitchen ventilator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeWazowski

Assistant Cook
Hi there!
I redecorated my kitchen and ordered modern black furniture, I'm happy with that so much. Now I think about purchasing a tower fan(black one), it'll perfectly fit the kitchen interior and also it'll boost air circulation while cooking/baking. Any advice will be appreciated, thanks in advance

Mike, there are good reasons for having a tower fan. Cooking isn't one of them. A tower fan won't help with ventilation as it's not venting outdoors. It will circulate the air around the kitchen. So if you are panfrying, any smoke and vaporized fat will be circulated around the kitchen.

I agree with Andy about the tower fan. Do you have any option to put in a range ventilation in your kitchen?

Mike, there are good reasons for having a tower fan. Cooking isn't one of them. A tower fan won't help with ventilation as it's not venting outdoors. It will circulate the air around the kitchen. So if you are panfrying, any smoke and vaporized fat will be circulated around the kitchen.

Thanks for the warning, but I gonna use it as an assistance for natural ventilation.
I agree with Andy about the tower fan. Do you have any option to put in a range ventilation in your kitchen?

I already have a range hood. As I said before, I need it as an assistance for natural ventilation and as a design interior solution. A tower fan will fit my kitchen perfectly, for understanding I mean something from here, I consider only black models, because of the furniture, thanks

In your first post you didn't explain you already have a range hood. Only outside vented ones are effective however so if you have one of those, a tower fan isn't such a bad idea. I once had a ceiling paddle fan in a kitchen. Trust me, that was a horrible idea and cleaning it was a nightmare.

In your first post you didn't explain you already have a range hood. Only outside vented ones are effective however so if you have one of those, a tower fan isn't such a bad idea. I once had a ceiling paddle fan in a kitchen. Trust me, that was a horrible idea and cleaning it was a nightmare.
I have a ceiling paddle fan in the kitchen (as well as a range hood). With the heat and humidity here, I couldn't survive in the summer without it. (I hire a house cleaner through Groupon a few times a year, so I have it cleaned for me ;))

I have a ceiling paddle fan in the kitchen (as well as a range hood). With the heat and humidity here, I couldn't survive in the summer without it. (I hire a house cleaner through Groupon a few times a year, so I have it cleaned for me ;))

It's understandable you have one GG. It sure helped with the heat in my kitchen, but it was so close to the stove the wind would blow out the gas burners. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom