ISO help making graham cracker crust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lynseysnatural

Assistant Cook
Every time I make a graham cracker crust it falls apart. I've tried a couple different recipes, and it always happens. Any ideas?

Tell us how you make the crust so we can help.

It's basically ground up graham crackers, sugar and butter combined, pressed into a pan and baked for 10 minutes.

I usually use butter, brown sugar and graham crackers and pack it very firm, if you are having trouble packing with utensils because the crust sticks back, lay your crust cover with wax paper and press with hands, try to keep it even and smooth and your good

One of the keys to graham cracker crusts is the packing. It needs to be fairly dense to hold together well. Try making a double recipe and making sure that you pack it as tightly in the pan bottom as you can without increasing the thickness. This may help.

Thanks everyone - I think the packing is my problem. I've tried a bunch of different recipes and they all fall apart, so it makes sense that it's the packing. Even though the crust I made fell apart, the pie I tried this weekend was great:

graham cracker crust filled with 2 C fresh blueberries and topped with the topping from my favorite apple crisp recipe (1/2 C flour, 1/2 C sugar, 1/2 C oats, 1/3 C melted butter, cinnamon and 1/3 C sliced almonds). No one seemed to mind that the crust fell apart!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom