ISO help making homemade banana shakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, recently I thought about making my own home made banana shake and I don't want it to taste so bad that I cant drink it so I thought about adding some more ingredients into it to make it taste better. I also don't want any added sugar, no bad additives and not bad preservatives in it either. I thought about adding cinnamon into it too. I have ideas but not sure witch once is better for health and makes it taste better. I want to know how much of everything I need for just 1 serving as well and I have no idea what that is.

The ideas are

1. just 2 bananas in the blender
2. 2 bananas with water blender
3. 2 bananas with milk in the blender
4. 2 bananas with cinnamon(whatever cinnamon is available in the store and the cheapest)in the blender
5. 2 bananas with cinnamon and milk in the blender

what would you all recommend for making this?

I would use one banana, 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. If you are concerned with healthy ingredients, buying the cheapest is generally not a good idea. I would buy cinnamon online, from a reputable spice dealer; like Frontier Herbs, or Penzey's.

2 over ripe, frozen bananas
1.4 tsp. good cinnamon
2 dashes ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole milk

The over ripe bananas are at their peak of sweetness, and banana flavor. They will do the same for you shake as they do bananas bread.

Additional flavor options"1/2 cup ripe, fresh strawberries
2 tbs. Ovaltine brand chocolate Malt powder.

You might want to add a little shredded coconut, or extracts, such as coconut, almond, raspberry, freeze-dried apple, etc.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

A few scoops of vanilla yogurt would be good too ( if you like yogurt) in addition to the banana milk and cinnamon .

Amount of milk will vary with size and ripeness of bananas. Add until happy with consistency.

If not sweet enough, add a few dates ( make sure no seeds in them).

I almost always make smoothies in my VM with over-ripe bananas, plus some pineapple, then a couple drops of coconut flavor. Sometimes I have frozen bananas and fresh pineapple, or frozen chunks of pineapple, and fresh bananas. I often add a spoonful of plain yogurt, especially when very sweet. I often put a spoonful of chia seeds in, blend it on low briefly, and let them gel for 5 minutes or so, then blend it on high, to totally break them down. In the summer, I put a lot more ice in, and blend longer, to get those freezing cold smoothies!

You can use a Yohanas soft fruit maker, I use a food processor.

Google 'st. patrick's day green shake', and also 'nice-cream' for recipes for what you want.

Our favorites are banana strawberry and banana blue berry, served with fruit puree over top (esp. cherry), and cocoa nibs.

If you are going to ingest cinnamon use Ceylon cinnamon, as the cassia type can cause liver problems.

Add to blender:
one banana
small amount of vanilla ice cream (or thick Greek vanilla yogurt)
half & half (for creamy) or milk
and some ice cubes
vanilla extract if needed

Bananas, milk, ice cubes, pinch of nutmeg in a blender are a great start. no sugar needed.

If you want to go for the gold add some dark rum ;)

Wife insists we have a bunch of bananas on hand at all times.
Easy to do because costco always had the huge bunches for under a dollar. Not a lb but a buck a bunch.

I have found that Nicaraguan bananas are blasting with flavor and sweetness. Just off the chain delicious.
Most smoothie-shake recipes call for over-ripe but we use just-ripe.

I use 6oz low fat vanilla yogurt, 1 over-ripe banana, 1 TBS peanut butter and one scoop of protein powder to make one large Elvis Pressley protein shake.

If you just want a regular shake, leave out the peanut butter and yogurt, add 3 or 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream, and 2 to 4oz of milk, depending on how thick you like your shakes.

For a high ly nutritious banana smoothie, without all the fat, place two frozen bananas, 4 frozen strawberries, 2 tbs. Chocolate malt powder, and a quarter cup of pecans/walnuts/Macadamia nuts/hazelnuts, along with 1 cup milk to your blender. Blend for a minute., until smooth and creamy. Enjoy.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Best thing might be a Swirlio, available for one at Wayfair($32) and all over I'm sure.

But your blender should do fine. Of course milk, and if you don't want sugar but want sweet then honey. Not that I see why. Then of course, butter.

What comes next is all on you. Cinnamon, grind up some nuts, all that.

T

I put these into my blender, in the order listed:

1 frozen overripe banana
1 Tbs peanut butter
two cups of ice cubes
1/3 cup vanilla or plain yogurt (not Greek style)
1 scoop whey protein powder
Start blender on stir, as the ice cubes fall into the blades, increase to chop, then mix, and finally puree.

No added sugar required

Back
Top Bottom