ISO TNT Chocolate Cake Shooters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QSis

Washing Up
Some of my BBQ buddies are planning to serve these at a competition party - one that I can't attend. But I want to serve them around Christmas, to next door neighbors, so none of us has to drive.

I've looked up recipes for the shots and have seen similar variations - most are with Frangelico and some sort of vodka (vanilla vodka seems popular). Looks like slices of lemon dredged in sugar are key, too, to bite either before or after the shot.

Anyone have a TNT recipe?

Lee

Some of my BBQ buddies are planning to serve these at a competition party - one that I can't attend. But I want to serve them around Christmas, to next door neighbors, so none of us has to drive.

I've looked up recipes for the shots and have seen similar variations - most are with Frangelico and some sort of vodka (vanilla vodka seems popular). Looks like slices of lemon dredged in sugar are key, too, to bite either before or after the shot.

Anyone have a TNT recipe?

Lee

we make this all the time when we have company over... i just use regular vodka and hazelnut liquor. I've tried vanilla vodka but with the hazlenut overpowers it and you cant really taste it... just shake 1 part hazlenut liquor with 1 part of your favorite vodka. the lemon slice should be generously coated with sugar

Thanks, jerseyjay!

Do you bite the lemon before or after the shot? If before, is it important to try to keep the lemon juice in your mouth as you knock back the shot?

Lee

Thanks, jerseyjay!

Do you bite the lemon before or after the shot? If before, is it important to try to keep the lemon juice in your mouth as you knock back the shot?

Lee

bite down hard on the lemon immedietly following the shot. the sweet/sour flavor is a great chaser with this drink.

if you want to spice it up a bit moisten the rim and dip it in some cocoa powder before serving.... doesnt really change the taste but it looks nice if you are serving alot of them at a party or get together

Well, I'm not able to find a recipe but our chocolate cake shot was clear - it used the clear cream de cocoa and vodka - no Frangelico at all - lemon dipped in sugar to bite at end. So, to be sure, I'm sure we'll have to do some testing! :mrgreen:

I fell in love with these shooters at a high school reunion... I have made them at home and they taste just like what you would get at a bar. 1 part vodka, 1 part Frangelico, shake with ice and strain. Take your shot back, bite on lemon dredged in sugar and taste the chocolate cake sensation!!! Truly awesome!

Another tasty and easy shooter is 1 part Yeagermister, 1 part peach Schnapps, splash of cranberry juice, shake on ice and strain. Yum!!!

I watched the Mark DeCarlo show this morning with my husband.
He was in Hawaii and they were featuring a Macadamia nut liquer.
Boy, I'd be all over that in an instant, not for me to drink, but for
sure to have on hand for company after a yummy meal.
Personally, I don't like Frangelico. For after dinner shooters though,
I've made and drunk along with the folks at the table, my version of
Marachino Cherry Liquer. Gad it's good and following a piece of rich
chocolate cake, oh my:ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom