Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Susan, when you become an expert at fondant you can come up and help me this summer....I have 5 wedding cakes in 6 weeks (2 on the same day) and all the brides want fondant! You will really love working with it. It can be a little tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it you will never look back!

last thing was just a minute ago...
my silly friend Trish and her 25 bajillionth post!

and I like making Laurie smile! I'm on a roll tonight!! The smiles just keep on coming!!!

Came across GS Sammys old pictures with Santa from the past 7 years....kind of bittersweet though. Seeing how he's grown makes me realize how quickly the time has flown by.....

I took my mom out to lunch after her doctor's appointment and she enjoyed eating Chinese food very much. I was happy to see her it. She has been losing weight because she doesn't like the food she is given at the nursing home and I am not allowed to bring in non-kosher food.

Other smile: I shared a collection of latke recipes with her doctor. He is known in his family as the "King of Latkes". He should love the book I made.

YEA Laurie!!! **BIG CHEESY GRIN**

Susan... it is great that you have the time to spend with your mom.

I went to the White Flour Bakery Shoppe and had another decorating class. This time I learned how to use fondant. It is a lot easier than working with buttercream but I prefer buttercream. I was exhausted and really didn't want to go but once I got there, I had a really good time. I will probably take the buttercream class again.

I went to the White Flour Bakery Shoppe and had another decorating class. This time I learned how to use fondant. It is a lot easier than working with buttercream but I prefer buttercream. I was exhausted and really didn't want to go but once I got there, I had a really good time. I will probably take the buttercream class again.

I would love to learn fondant. I LOVE that stuff:pig::LOL:
I'm glad that you have something fun to do!!

I am not actually a fan of fondant myself but it is fun to work with. Not at all as hard as I anticipated. I was so excited that I got to make two cakes that I gave one of them to my neighbor, Carmela. She is a sweet lady who loves to watch foodnetwork, too. She has been having teenager trouble and I feel for her. I was so thrilled that I put a great big smile on her and her husband's face. She really deserves to be happy. I don't see her smile very much anymore.

Back
Top Bottom