Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was smiling Tuesday at 3:30pm. It was my last day of work for this school year. I am off now until Aug. 10th. I don't get paid for any vacation, but it sure is nice to have two months off when it is summer.

Well, my kids are grown, but may have the grand kids here at some point! Don't worry, they are more fun, and then they go home! DH and I will be taking a little vacation at the end of this month. We are going to Estes Park. It isn't too far, and we will be hiking at Rocky Mountain National park.

Actually yesterday I had a big smile on my face. My ADHD child could nev stay focused to learn how to ride his bike. Now he on meds, yesterday he learned how to ride his bike.

Stubbs, I am smiling from ear to ear! The son of good friends is ADHD and my husband took him under his wing when the boy was in his early teens, when we learned that he had a great interest in electronics. We have watched him grow into a great young man who at 18 still has a huge hug for me (in public no less!) and has good control over his challenges. I know that being able to ride a bike is a huge accomplishment and I am smiling for both of you!

I couldn't help but smile last night during a post Stanley Cup game phone conversation with my Dad. For those of you who may not know, he ended up back in the hospital with 4 different strains of infection in his lungs and "little chance". Of course my stubborn father proved them wrong and between his will and the antibiotic "cocktail" they gave him, after 2 weeks he was transferred to a convalescent care facility for rehabilitation. He is improving leaps and bounds every day and is more like the father I knew 10 years ago than the one who is battling many health concerns at once.

Anyway, we briefly chatted about the game and he said the care aid came in with 10 minutes left in the game and said it was time to get washed up for bed (around 8 pm). His reply: You've Got To Be KIDDING!". She doesn't know hockey nor the importance of your team being in the first game of the Stanley Cup Final! She gave him an extra half hour! I asked him what would have happened if it had gone into overtime (only goal scored with 18.5 seconds left). He replied that he would have turned it back on when she shut the door.

I'm so glad my Dad is coming back to me! :mrgreen:

Oh Yeah, in honour of my team, my smiles will all be Mr. Green for the duration of the series! :mrgreen: If you don't get it, ask Frank ;)

Last edited:
Aww well thanks! Getting ready to take him to doc for Med check he only been on meds for a month. But I have no worries he doing well.

That I didn't have to say good-bye to Roz (my 11-yr. old Saint Bernard) yesterday. And that she was HERE today and talking to me (don't get me started on the conversations we have). Everytime I've looked at her today, I've smiled. And, watching her feet run in her sleep right now--that's making me smile, too. I think I've probably smiled since 4:00 p.m. yesterday--even in my sleep. We always want that "one more day." I'll take every minute.

No--sorry, the reprieve didn't make me smile--it made me do the happy dance.

Last edited:
I couldn't help but smile last night during a post Stanley Cup game phone conversation with my Dad. For those of you who may not know, he ended up back in the hospital with 4 different strains of infection in his lungs and "little chance". Of course my stubborn father proved them wrong and between his will and the antibiotic "cocktail" they gave him, after 2 weeks he was transferred to a convalescent care facility for rehabilitation. He is improving leaps and bounds every day and is more like the father I knew 10 years ago than the one who is battling many health concerns at once.

Anyway, we briefly chatted about the game and he said the care aid came in with 10 minutes left in the game and said it was time to get washed up for bed (around 8 pm). His reply: You've Got To Be KIDDING!". She doesn't know hockey nor the importance of your team being in the first game of the Stanley Cup Final! She gave him an extra half hour! I asked him what would have happened if it had gone into overtime (only goal scored with 18.5 seconds left). He replied that he would have turned it back on when she shut the door.

I'm so glad my Dad is coming back to me! :mrgreen:

Oh Yeah, in honour of my team, my smiles will all be Mr. Green for the duration of the series! :mrgreen: If you don't get it, ask Frank ;)

Woo-hoo! Doing the happy dance for you and for your Dad! That's fantastic!

that's awesome, lp!!!

i hope the series goes 7 games, all as good as last night's game, so it lasts as long and is as exciting as possible for your dad.

Aww, Bucky, thanks! I wasn't looking at it that way when I first read your post - I was thinking 7 games? Is he crazy? But yes, I hope it does for his sake as well! He walked halfway down the hall with a walker today during his physio session and was only slightly winded. That is much better than before he went into the hospital.

That I didn't have to say good-bye to Roz (my 11-yr. old Saint Bernard) yesterday. And that she was HERE today and talking to me (don't get me started on the conversations we have). Everytime I've looked at her today, I've smiled. And, watching her feet run in her sleep right now--that's making me smile, too. I think I've probably smiled since 4:00 p.m. yesterday--even in my sleep. We always want that "one more day." I'll take every minute.

No--sorry, the reprieve didn't make me smile--it made me do the happy dance.

Woo-hoo! Doing the happy dance for you and for your Dad! That's fantastic!

Thank you, CW. I am doing the happy dance for you and Roz as well - I hope you get more days together. My Violet (border collie/boxer) turned 7 yesterday and it just feels like yesterday I held that little puppy in my arms! They are precious.

Aww, Bucky, thanks! I wasn't looking at it that way when I first read your post - I was thinking 7 games? Is he crazy? But yes, I hope it does for his sake as well! He walked halfway down the hall with a walker today during his physio session and was only slightly winded. That is much better than before he went into the hospital.

Are you still sticking to easing up on the Diabetes? Or are you guys back to all the food rules, again?

I'm so glad your Dad is doing better.

My 9 year old grandson Josh and I stopped at our local farmers food stand this morning and I got some cucumbers and an onion called a candy onion. (never heard of this before, the lady says that it is a sweet onion). Well, anyway, Josh had figured out how much it was going to cost before the lady could say. She gave him a big smile and said that when he grew up she would have a job for him. :)

My 9 year old grandson Josh and I stopped at our local farmers food stand this morning and I got some cucumbers and an onion called a candy onion. (never heard of this before, the lady says that it is a sweet onion). Well, anyway, Josh had figured out how much it was going to cost before the lady could say. She gave him a big smile and said that when he grew up she would have a job for him. :)
What a boy. I have several like that and boy I know how proud you are.
kadesma

my two great granddaughters having lunch at my coffee table. the two year old is just starting to talk and is so cute. the five year old is a little princess. she has a memory like an elephant and is very smart. they made me smile for sure. so did the hugs and kisses when they left.

I was late letting the hens out this morning (it was after 10 a.m., I was on calls), usually I go out around 7:00 to say "good morning," grab the eggs, and feed and change their water. Last night I decided they could stay in the barn instead of the coop (I'd had them out on the yard free-ranging). Oh were they mad at me! They were at one end of the barn and when I opened the door, they came CHARGING at me, clucking away, one of them got between my feet and scolded me. It was so funny. They had to follow me to the pump to get their water, to the "fridge" in which I store their food, and then when I opened the door, they looked outside, looked at me, and came running back to scold me some more. (I let them free range for about 4 hours, but then the dogs wanted out, so I had to put "the girls" away). They still were nice enough to lay two eggs before I got there. I couldn't help but laugh at them. I had no idea chickens had so much personality.

My husband is home with the girls for the summer and sent me this conversation that he had with my three year old." Nora .wants to know how to use the sewing machine
I said it was too dangerous for little girls but we would teach her one day.
"I'm not even going to get hurt from this. I just want to make something lovely for mommy." That kid melts my heart.

Back
Top Bottom