Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My neighbor across the hall. She said hello with the biggest smile. I know that might not seem like much, but a smile does wonders! It might be because we are headed into a beautiful week with above-normal temperatures. It's clear all week, except for Tuesday, when there might me a faint cloud lingering. I guess this is the first Labor Day weekend that it's been clear and sunny in awhile... well, in this part of WA state.

A customer came in this morning and said to me, he could mail his payment in and save gas at the same time. But if he did that he wouldn't see my smile. He made my day... :).

Went out for breakfast, then took a long slow ride with DH Haven't had this much fun since I came home from the hospital and had to learn to walk and and do so darn many thing over. I'm feeling wonderful and full of life for the first time in almost a year. Thanks GUYS you've all helped so much.
kades:)

kadesma said:
Went out for breakfast, then took a long slow ride with DH Haven't had this much fun since I came home from the hospital and had to learn to walk and and do so darn many thing over. I'm feeling wonderful and full of life for the first time in almost a year. Thanks GUYS you've all helped so much.

That's wonderful, Kadesma! Makes me smile!

My BIL came over for dinner tonight and was helping with the BBQ as DH was running late. He called in and said that there was a board out of our fence. I said "not again" and we just placed it back in because we didn't want the food to burn. When the two of them went out to fix it, it was popped out again. I heard some teenagers up in the greenbelt beside us and in my mind I was blaming them. But when DH went out to walk the dogs, they asked if that was our fence and he said yes. They said "we know who keeps kicking it in, if he comes back do you want us to send him to you." DH said yes, but when he got back from the walk they told him the Dad had been by to check out the damage and would come by tomorrow to talk to us.

I can't tell you how bad I feel about instantly blaming the teens. They told DH that they will be on the lookout for us. And they were sincere. I actually did hear an older man's voice and a young boy so they must have been looking at the fence.

I am smiling because all young people are not bad and it is very refreshing to see!

Oh, now this will have a smile on my face for the rest of the year, Ma!! I am so happy for you - you have come so far. Thank you for sharing that. :):flowers::clap:

I'm thrilled for Kades, happy the fence is fixed for LP and am still grinning over the new baby and Justnikki's nice customer. But, mostly I'm smiling because Shrek is doing well.

I'm thrilled for Kades, happy the fence is fixed for LP and am still grinning over the new baby and Justnikki's nice customer. But, mostly I'm smiling because Shrek is doing well.
The fence isn't fixed (it is propped up) but it looks like we will get the boy to hammer in the loose boards as we are planning to replace it all next year. I am just glad he is being made accountable for it.

I am so happy Shrek is doing better - that brings a smile to me as well. As does Justnikki's story!

New smile - my sister's retriever was in a show this weekend and a retrieving competition this weekend. She had the competition first and got mud all in her fur and feet. They worked on grooming her all night to get her ready for the show and she ended up coming in second in breed.....to her daughter! :)

lots of great things to smile about here in this thread.

my added 2 cents would be that we finally got my boy's state tests back from last spring (they were delayed because of a score fixing scam - long story. in first grade? only in new jersey...) and he got advanced placement on all of his subjects! while he needs to work on his reading, his reading comprehension was 100 %, and he got 94% on his overall math skills, scoring 100's in several categories. 35 out of 38 math questions correct.

as she was handing them out, the principal explained the scoring, noting that parents should be happy with overall grades in the 80th percentile, and that 100's were very rare.

woohoo!

now he gets to start taking ap classes a few hours a day. thank god, we'd been having a tough time so far this year with getting him to do homework, and i'd suspected that it was because he was bored.

as a reward, he's going to get his own 12 foot surf casting rod and a new reel, and an overnight bluefishing trip before it gets too cold.

thatsa my boy!!!!!!!

lol, thanks fee. actually, you're right that dw does his homework with him very patiently everyday, making sure he understands the lesson at hand.

i teach him more about life, and how to think about what he's doing at that time and why, but that doesn't help you with tests.

Back
Top Bottom