Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just love this...my 5 year old grandson watched as I went up stairs to take a shower on Sat morning. He looked at his mom and said, "I love Grammy...She's better than Santa Claus!" I was touched. My daughter-in-law had tears in her eyes when she told me about it.

That is fantastic, Chopper!

chopper said:
I just love this...my 5 year old grandson watched as I went up stairs to take a shower on Sat morning. He looked at his mom and said, "I love Grammy...She's better than Santa Claus!" I was touched. My daughter-in-law had tears in her eyes when she told me about it.

That's so sweet!

So I just talked to a friend and told her about what my grandson said. She said to tell my husband that all he can hope for is to be compared to Mrs Claus or one of the reindeer. :)

That;s so sweet, Don't you just love those grand kids? I know mine keep me fighting to be healthy and well more than anything else. I love them with all my being as I can tell you do too. Hugs to you grammy.
kades

babetoo said:
my two year old great granddaughter hitting the goodies drawer first thing this a.m. she knows i keep cookies, etc for them in that drawer. so sweet.

Babe, I have a cookie jar that the g-kids love to help me fill. I also have a drawer in the kitchen that belongs to them. It has stickers, coloring books, markers, drawing paper, pencils, etc. It is so important to them to feel like they have special things at my house that are just for them.

Babe, I have a cookie jar that the g-kids love to help me fill. I also have a drawer in the kitchen that belongs to them. It has stickers, coloring books, markers, drawing paper, pencils, etc. It is so important to them to feel like they have special things at my house that are just for them.

So...I'm not crazy having a special box of things for Patron???

Anyhow, here's Patron meeting his second cousin on his Dad's side. Her name is Nala and she's the result of a chihuahua and yorkie match. A playdate that went cutely wrong.:LOL:

Attachments

• nala and patron its war.jpg
    nala and patron its war.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 155
PrincessFiona60 said:
So...I'm not crazy having a special box of things for Patron???

Anyhow, here's Patron meeting his second cousin on his Dad's side. Her name is Nala and she's the result of a chihuahua and yorkie match. A playdate that went cutely wrong.:LOL:

I have a sinking feeling as to who is the Alpha...

Major cuteness!

I have a sinking feeling as to who is the Alpha...

Major cuteness!

Patron was too busy protecting his people from the strange dog. Nala is just about the most mellow dog I've ever met. We did have a bit of fun and Nala is so soft and cuddly.

She belongs to one of the women who works in medical records, she lets me "borrow" her for my puppy fix, Patron just happened to be back to work today.

it is very important, i think. i have children's books in a magazine holder in the living room. i have three little chairs or benches. just the right height when they eat at the coffee table (it is washable.) i often let them help frost cupcakes. aubrey is a sprinkle queen. lilly, not so much, she just eats the frosting. i also have art stuff and measuring cups, etc. in special place. lilly is really good at cooking water. i save all those free address stickers . lilly likes to stick them on paper. i just love these babies. always have been a kid person. ;)

it is very important, i think. i have children's books in a magazine holder in the living room. i have three little chairs or benches. just the right height when they eat at the coffee table (it is washable.) i often let them help frost cupcakes. aubrey is a sprinkle queen. lilly, not so much, she just eats the frosting. i also have art stuff and measuring cups, etc. in special place. lilly is really good at cooking water. i save all those free address stickers . lilly likes to stick them on paper. i just love these babies. always have been a kid person. ;)
I bet those kids adore you babe. How wonderful for them to have you in their lives.
kades

This is rather morbid I was told but doing this for my babies makes my day and makes me smile. I ordered and got 2 books for the kids to share with their sibs both books provide me with a way to record my voice for them. One of them had said Ma what do we do to remember your voice when you can't talk to us anymore. Sooo good ol Ma bought these books and will give them to the kids at Christmas.
kades

kadesma said:
This is rather morbid I was told but doing this for my babies makes my day and makes me smile. I ordered and got 2 books for the kids to share with their sibs both books provide me with a way to record my voice for them. One of them had said Ma what do we do to remember your voice when you can't talk to us anymore. Sooo good ol Ma bought these books and will give them to the kids at Christmas.
kades

I think that's sweet, Kades! I tried to get my mom to do the same for my niece. What a neat gift!

I love that Kades. I wish I had a children's book with my mom's voice on it. What a wonderful gift for them. Now when you are not home they can listen to your voice!

I think that's sweet, Kades! I tried to get my mom to do the same for my niece. What a neat gift!
Thanks friend that means a lot to me and I hope my babies some day. Hope your mom does this for your niece kids do get the message.
kades

I love that Kades. I wish I had a children's book with my mom's voice on it. What a wonderful gift for them. Now when you are not home they can listen to your voice!
That's my idea the kids are worried about as it is we've been through so much these past several years.This I'm hoping will calm their fears some.
kades

Back
Top Bottom