Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This afternoon when the school bus let off the kids down the block, I saw a couple of big brothers (about 12-14 yrs. old) going to meet their little sisters (looked to be about 5 yrs. old) to walk them home. First thing the boys did was take the little ones' backpacks to carry, and the girls skipped along beside them. So sweet. :)

It's those little snapshots of everyday life that give me hope for our future.

This afternoon when the school bus let off the kids down the block, I saw a couple of big brothers (about 12-14 yrs. old) going to meet their little sisters (looked to be about 5 yrs. old) to walk them home. First thing the boys did was take the little ones' backpacks to carry, and the girls skipped along beside them. So sweet. :)
Awww

That is sweet :)

That's simply wonderful!!!

Found a brand new Ronco Rotisserie at a place called Savers that had all the original parts, every extra that came with mine. Tie back, thermometer, gloves, injector, skewers, accessories books and an extra diet manual, VHS tape (who still has those?) still in the bag yesterday. It's never been used just dusty. It's just like mine.

Couldn't pass up a $25.00 deal so I bought it. Going to give it to my sons best friend who loves my rotisserie chicken. He's been wanting one of his own forever. He's been busy slowly building up items for his kitchen. It's his First apartment. I'll clean it up today. Invite him over for a rotisserie chicken dinner tonight then give it to him after dinner.

Cuz' I'm nice like that :wub: Heh, right... :LOL:

Munky.

Found a brand new Ronco Rotisserie at a place called Savers that had all the original parts, every extra that came with mine. Tie back, thermometer, gloves, injector, skewers, accessories books and an extra diet manual, VHS tape (who still has those?) still in the bag yesterday. It's never been used just dusty. It's just like mine.

Couldn't pass up a $25.00 deal so I bought it. Going to give it to my sons best friend who loves my rotisserie chicken. He's been wanting one of his own forever. He's been busy slowly building up items for his kitchen. It's his First apartment. I'll clean it up today. Invite him over for a rotisserie chicken dinner tonight then give it to him after dinner.

Munky.
Awww, that is nice.

Munky.

You ARE nice like that! What a great find, and what a great idea to have him over for rotisserie chicken before giving it to him. :)

There are nicie people in this world. And I think most of them are right here at DC. What a nice thing to do Munky. :angel:

A high school friend and her partner (they are a gay couple) had a baby boy on March 12th. I am stalking his pictures on their FB pages. That makes me smile every day--they had to go through a lot to make it happen and they couldn't be happier (we graduated in 1977--most of our friends are grandparents, it is really nice to see someone who has made a longtime dream come true). I am so happy for both of them. And he is the cutest baby on the planet, I swear, and has HUGE hands. One of his mom's was a basketball player...I can see her getting him out on the court as soon as the weather turns nice in MN.

Last edited:
A high school friend and her partner (they are a gay couple) had a baby boy on March 12th. I am stalking his pictures on their FB pages. That makes me smile every day--they had to go through a lot to make it happen and they couldn't be happier (we graduated in 1977--most of our friends are grandparents, it is really nice to see someone who has made a longtime dream come true). I am so happy for both of them. And he is the cutest baby on the planet, I swear, and has HUGE hands. One of his mom's was a basketball player...I can see her getting him out on the court as soon as the weather turns nice in MN.

And that has made me smile. March 12th is my birthday. The baby is now a Pices also. We tend to be gentle loving people. Lover of the arts and everything beautiful. :angel:

And that has made me smile. March 12th is my birthday. The baby is now a Pices also. We tend to be gentle loving people. Lover of the arts and everything beautiful. :angel:
I'm a Pisces too. And the other thing that made me smile today was that you are back HOME.

I went to Lowes to pick up some hardware and met a very sweet little dog.

Her owners told me they're training her to be a reading dog.

They explained that they are both retired teachers and she (the dog will go into elementary classrooms so the children can read to her in a one to one basis without feeling pressure or ashamed if they struggle with their reading.

Children gravitate toward animals so it seems like a wonderful idea.

Whatever gets kids reading.

Love the concept and the dog was a sweetie. Both made me smile.

:). :) :)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....9.0...0.0...1c.1.7.mobile-gws-hp.hVso4bT0Bu4

Back
Top Bottom