Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's cool taxy! Himself saw it once, a long time ago. The only time I've seen it is in reports on the news.
But, I have lived in Montreal or further north since 1969. And now the clouds are getting thicker.

Our members in Minnesota, Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Minnesota, and Washington, as well as most Canadian members, should be able to see it tonight, if there isn't too much cloud. It's at "storm level".

Last edited:
Addie, not all preemie babies need to be buried. I have two 33-year-old pieces of evidence. It's amazing how big that 3 1/3 pounder is now, not to mention his gorgeous 4 pound sister.

No they don't. I have one that is over six feet today. Common sense would have told you I was referring to those that didn't make it. :angel:

No they don't. I have one that is over six feet today. Common sense would have told you I was referring to those that didn't make it. :angel:
I would have thought that some of the preemie babies that do make it would need itty, bitty clothes once they were out of the incubators.

I would have thought that some of the preemie babies that do make it would need itty, bitty clothes once they were out of the incubators.

Of course they do. I had to buy doll clothes for my son for a month. But these women do it only for dead babies. They make all white outfits and blankets.

Have you ever seen a coffin for a premie? My mother carried my brother's on her lap. It wasn't even as long as her arm. To give you an idea of just how small these outfits are, the two women can make at least five complete outfits in one hour. They use size 00 knitting needles. All white baby yarn is donated by ESP, my medical provider. :angel:

The hospitals have Johnnies for these babies. That is all they need along with diapers. Some of us do make outfits for mothers to take their babies home in. The mothers who can't afford anything nice for their babies. They mostly need blankets along with sweaters. The hospital provides the hats. The blankets have to be a closed knit or crocheted pattern. For some babies, that is the only blanket they will ever have. It has to be warm. :angel:

The hospitals have Johnnies for these babies. That is all they need along with diapers. Some of us do make outfits for mothers to take their babies home in. The mothers who can't afford anything nice for their babies. They mostly need blankets along with sweaters. The hospital provides the hats. The blankets have to be a closed knit or crocheted pattern. For some babies, that is the only blanket they will ever have. It has to be warm. :angel:
What are "Johnnies"?

When I took care of preemies in incubators, all they wore was diapers. Well, most of them wore a wash cloth folded into a triangle as a diaper. The incubators are warm enough.

And yeah, the blankets can't have decorative holes, or little fingers and hands get caught in them.

What are "Johnnies"?

When I took care of preemies in incubators, all they wore was diapers. Well, most of them wore a wash cloth folded into a triangle as a diaper. The incubators are warm enough.

And yeah, the blankets can't have decorative holes, or little fingers and hands get caught in them.

Those wonderful gowns they give you to wear in the hospital. With the back wide open? Once a baby comes out of the incubator, they get to wear the baby version. :angel:

I was sitting on the front porch enjoying the nice weather with DH and our cat, Bella, was chasing a squirrel partway up the tree. The squirrel sat on the power line screaming at the cat and then the cat saw a tomcat coming her way and ran a beeline to the porch under our seat. Just sitting there enjoying the activity made me smile :)

My new boss thanked me profusely for the work I have gotten us caught up on in the last week. He heard from "someone" that I was difficult to work with and very set in my ways. He says it's not true and I have been very helpful and willing to try new ways to help us keep the papers rolling.

Geez PF, why would someone say you're difficult to work with? :whistling :LOL: Seriously, though, that is a very nice compliment. Now if he'd only follow it up with a bonus...

Although baseball is my favorite sport, I do enjoy when any Cleveland team can pull out a win. Cleveland's basketball team, the Cavaliers, won their sixth game in a row tonight. Nice! :) I'd still like to see one of the teams win a championship before I die though!

Geez PF, why would someone say you're difficult to work with? :whistling :LOL: Seriously, though, that is a very nice compliment. Now if he'd only follow it up with a bonus...

I only get unruly when something is stupid, inefficient or stupid (redundant). I'm not afraid to say something is ridiculous and don't like giving up things that work fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I also have my own way to organize my brain and being left handed, doing things your way may not work for me.

Other than all that I am a delight!!!:rolleyes:

And I like the room to be cool...keeps me awake.

Last edited:
My new boss thanked me profusely for the work I have gotten us caught up on in the last week. He heard from "someone" that I was difficult to work with and very set in my ways. He says it's not true and I have been very helpful and willing to try new ways to help us keep the papers rolling.

:flowers::flowers: Wow. It is nice when your boss recognizes your skills and willingness to be helpful. :angel:

LOL I beg your pardon???????????

LOL I beg your pardon???????????
Sometimes people who don't think find competent people to be difficult and set in their ways.

E.g., I worked in a convalescent home. The head nurse wanted me to wash my hands in hot water. I refused. I also refused to follow her example and re-contaminate my hands by touching the taps with my clean hands when I was done washing them. I used a paper towel to turn the handles. If she had given me reasons, I would have listened and considered. I was "difficult and set in my ways". :ermm::LOL:

I'm glad your boss is able to recognize your value and even more glad he let you know he recognizes your value. Always a good feeling when that happens.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom