Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ROFLMAO:Sound like you are in for a makeover.:ROFLMAO:

The last thing that made me smile was a friend of mine sending me an instant message telling me to drink castor oil to make my baby come faster. Who comes up with these things anyway? I'd like to know the first person to try that. :LOL:

:ROFLMAO:Sound like you are in for a makeover.:ROFLMAO:

The last thing that made me smile was a friend of mine sending me an instant message telling me to drink castor oil to make my baby come faster. Who comes up with these things anyway? I'd like to know the first person to try that. :LOL:
I did it once when I was almost 3 weeks overdue. In my case it worked - or at least I went into labor that day. (Who knows if I would have gone into labor anyway being that overdue?)

At 3 weeks overdue I think I'd try just about anything! How was it? (The oil, I'm assuming the waiting and the labor were awful and painful as is expected).

When I was young, I was really self concious of all the moles all over my body, specially the ones on my face. My Grandmother, who I absolutely adored, told me that caster oil would work to remove them. So, I faithfully downed it 3 times a day in an attempt to remove them. I complained to her that it didn't work and almost made me throw up and she said "dear, you are supposed to rub it on them, not drink it!:ohmy:

At 3 weeks overdue I think I'd try just about anything! How was it? (The oil, I'm assuming the waiting and the labor were awful and painful as is expected).
The oil isn't bad - stir it into some orange juice or other juice and drink it very fast! Actually, I'm so lucky that labor and childbirth isn't particularly painful for me. Really! I've never had any pain meds or anesthesia of any kind with any of my children and it's not because I'm a martyr. I just never needed it.

Check with your doc or midwife before taking castor oil, of course. But midwives often suggest castor oil to help induce labor in a full term pregnancy. My OB suggested it to me. He also suggested a couple of other things I'm not sure I could post here but if you want to know, PM me.

OMG - a piercing????? This totally changes my image of you!!! (I want one, too.)

Surprisingly it doesn't hurt that much, more of a jab than a pain. I get a lot of looks from people seeing this woman walking with a cane and proudly wearing a purple "barbell" in her right eyebrow, but that makes it all the more fun! I keep saying I will take it out on my 50th birthday (later this year), but our "kids" want me to keep it so we shall see.

Surprisingly it doesn't hurt that much, more of a jab than a pain. I get a lot of looks from people seeing this woman walking with a cane and proudly wearing a purple "barbell" in her right eyebrow, but that makes it all the more fun! I keep saying I will take it out on my 50th birthday (later this year), but our "kids" want me to keep it so we shall see.
That is too cool, Laurie. That's the piercing I always wanted. No belly button because I heard it's hard to heal. No tongue because it can break your teeth out in a car accident. But an eyebrow - that's cool.

Our 5-week-old kittens are such a joy. I was out on the front porch (their current home) earlier and was simply "covered up" in exuberant kittens. Everything was a toy. They hopped and bounced everywhere. How could I NOT smile?

Driving home from work today and coming around the corner to my home and I glanced over and here was a white cockatoo hanging upside down on a pine tree, swinging in the wind. I cracked right up. A nice ending to a otherwise normal day.

I asked my exchange student to grate 2 cups of cheese yesterday, then went about my business preparing my chowder. When I checked on him a few minutes later he was smashing the cheese into the cup as compact as he could :LOL:. (I already had about 1/2 cup grated, nice and light). He had grated a cup and a half of cheese alright, but it was like a whole new block. I really need to remember to be more specific with him. :LOL::LOL:

I asked my exchange student to grate 2 cups of cheese yesterday, then went about my business preparing my chowder. When I checked on him a few minutes later he was smashing the cheese into the cup as compact as he could :LOL:. (I already had about 1/2 cup grated, nice and light). He had grated a cup and a half of cheese alright, but it was like a whole new block. I really need to remember to be more specific with him. :LOL::LOL:

Look at the bright side, you have enough grated cheese for another 3 or 4 meals:LOL:

my son crying on my shoulder last night made me smile. not because he was sad, but because he whispered to me that he had "onions", with a big quivering bottom lip. so i picked him up and he buried his little crying face into my shoulder. (one time he saw my eyes tearing from cutting onions, so now whenever he is sad, he has "onions")

we were digging up some hosta around the foundation of my house last night, and to his joy and amazement, we found lots of worms. he collected several, but when his little hands were full of wriggling worms, he put them in a small hole to "keep" them so he could find more. after he returned to the hole to check on them, the worms had buried themselves back into the ground.

so the tears started to flow. i wasn't sure why he had onions, until he finally was able to whisper that he lost his worm friends, and he's going to really miss them.

i comforted him for a little while, holding him exactly the way he used to sleep on my shoulder when he was a baby. then i was able to explain that they'd still be there every day because that's where they live. they didn't leave, but just went back underground to their homes so they don't get sunburned. so we dug up some more, moving them into the garden to visit their cousins for a birthday party. :)

i love being a dad.

Last edited:
That is so sweet, bt. Having "onions". Doesn't it amaze that they are so smart at such a tender age???? (Did you know we can all tell you adore being a dad? And that you are a very good one?)

BT lego girl does the same thing. She sees an onion, she says, "I bedder doe so i dont try"

Lego girls bro is my smile for the moment. I have a name for him, instead of 4 yr old!
He's melon man!

Yesterday I cut up 2 cantaloupes. He musta ate a whole one himself (this is a kid that wont eat anything but candy / wheat thins / cherry tomatoes / sweet peppers).
Today was a mini watermelon. I hope there's some left for the 8 yr old when he gets home (he needs a name)
Melon man is perfect, since we always joke (kindly) that he has such a big head. Every sweatshirt he inherited from mr 8 has had to have the neck cut out to get his big melon in it!!!!!

I hope the worms have a great party!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom