Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YAY for potty training!! lol esp at one, my sons have no interest and they are 2 & 3, my 5 yr old waited until he was almost 3 before he would even consider it:ermm:Its definitely a "boy" thing

my son was what i thought late in getting the drift. i had training pants on him and he was going on three. he would go in his pants and then come in house and change them. course he just left the dirty ones any old place.

daughter did both herself at about 18 months. i think boys get it, they just don't care.lol

babe:-p

I agree completely Babe!
My boys know when they need a diaper change, they even bring me the wipes a clean diaper, but when I talk to them about going on the "potty" they say "no I dont want to go on the potty, I want to go in my diaper!" lol
the male species sure does start early with their stubbornness:LOL:

Yep, it's definitely a boy thing. I had 2 that flat out told me they were never going to go potty! And one of them hated a dirty diaper - the minute he was finished he'd be at my side telling me he needed a diaper change. I finally was exasperated and told him it was fine if he never used the potty but I was never going to change his diaper again. It took about 30 minutes of a dirty diaper before he couldn't stand it anymore (he was 3) and he finally said told me in his meanest voice "OK, I will use the potty but I'm never going to like it." And he honestly never had an accident. Obviously he could have been trained long before so I felt very foolish for not pushing it sooner!

well I'm actually a pre-school teacher and it is very true, girls seemed to catch on alot earlier than the boys, but the ages were always so varied. I would have parent coming to me concered on if their child was "normal" and I would have the hardest time convincing them that everyone is different, when they are ready...they will! Pushing sometimes will just make it take longer but encouraging never hurts you just have to know the difference between the two.
Fisher's Mom...I think what you did was brilliant! Very funny!

Last edited:
i agree it's a male issue. my brother is 17 months older than me, & he was wearing diapers while i was already potty-trained! so my Mom was diaperiing her pre-schooler instead of her toddler.:rolleyes:

My background check finally went through for the financial company that hired me, so I am starting tomorrow!

I'm driving back to Ontario tonight after I shower and eat and finish packing, and will be staying at my parents house until Friday, coming back to Montreal for the weekend, and doing it all over again lol... And I move into my new apartment on Aug 1st.

WOO for working after 6 months of unemployment!!!!!!!

Wouln't it be great if we could start the potty traing process while they are still in the womb! Like read a potty training book to our stomachs at night so that way when they are born they got it down and can skip the whole diaper stage!
;)

oh, no, deelady, you are and others are not going to get off that luckily....I grew up without a computer until my late 20's but noone is going to get out of changing diapers....it's a rite of passage........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

last night, my wife and i spent a good 20 minutes lecturing our son about cleaning up his toys every night, before going to bed.

then, as we were putting him to bed, my wife mentioned that her carpal tunnel syndrome (in both wrists) was acting up, and we should think about getting a cleaning lady, especially if we want to sell the house.

i concurred, so my wife asked my son if he'd like to help interview cleaning ladies in the upcoming days. we'll ask if they clean floors, and bathrooms, and such. he excitedly agreed to help, and then quite logically exclaimed, "and we'll ask them to clean up my toys!!!!" :LOL:
when we stopped laughing, my wife retorted that he will continue to clean up his toys, so the cleaning lady can vacuum the floors without sucking up a toy.

so, he thought hard for a second, then started rubbing his wrists, saying "oh boy, mom. my wrists really hurt. i fell down and hurt them, and now i'll have to get a cleaning lady to pick up my toys..."

i laughed all night at my little scammer.

Last edited:
That is hilarious, BT! Thanks for the laugh!

My smile is...Abbie slept through the night again!!!!!:mrgreen:

It is still early here and the first thing that made me smile this morning is getting an email from a girl I thought only like this one person to talk to. I found her really nice and I'd love to be friends with her but I kept quiet. This morning I got an email from her and it made me smile to know that I am appreciated no matter if she hasn't said anything at all to me lately.

So far it is nearly noontime here now I remember this morning when I told my little doggie to go outside and do his thing then find some rabbits. I really don't mean it because I know he will never catch one. Then we saw a little furry thing running across the backyard and he ran after it. It was a rabbit. He caught it, shook it and drop it in my feet. Then looked at me for a treat. I must have disappointed him because I went inside and called DH. He praised the dog while I was still in shock. When all was said and done, I knew I should have taken a photo of it all.

last night, my wife and i spent a good 20 minutes lecturing our son about cleaning up his toys every night, before going to bed.

then, as we were putting him to bed, my wife mentioned that her carpal tunnel syndrome (in both wrists) was acting up, and we should think about getting a cleaning lady, especially if we want to sell the house.

i concurred, so my wife asked my son if he'd like to help interview cleaning ladies in the upcoming days. we'll ask if they clean floors, and bathrooms, and such. he excitedly agreed to help, and then quite logically exclaimed, "and we'll ask them to clean up my toys!!!!" :LOL:
when we stopped laughing, my wife retorted that he will continue to clean up his toys, so the cleaning lady can vacuum the floors without sucking up a toy.

so, he thought hard for a second, then started rubbing his wrists, saying "oh boy, mom. my wrists really hurt. i fell down and hurt them, and now i'll have to get a cleaning lady to pick up my toys..."

i laughed all night at my little scammer.
too funny.......and so smart at a young age......must take after your wife............hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Oh Bucky what a little stinker you have. How cute !!!!!!!!

My smile was today when my son looked at me and said " Hello beautiful mom"

it amazes me the stuff those little ones can come up with! one of the main reasons I wanted to become a teacher...never know what they are going to say next!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom