Maidrite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Please help my sweetie out! James will need a little extra TLC the next 6 weeks! My new class is very intense and will involve a lot of research and writing. I am a virtual Dr. Jekyl/Mrs. Hyde when I have an important paper to write, and this time I have to write the first 4 chapters in my Action Research Proposal (between 40 and 80 pages). I have warned James ahead of time, but it always seems to catch him by surprise. I am going to owe him big-time when I finally get my master's degree in October!!!! Maybe we can spend a weekend in Myrtle Beach or something.

:) Barbara

40-80 pages! Wow oh wow! I have almost 7000 post here on DC and I doubt if they add up to that much. That's sure a lot of writing and thinking you'll do GREAT! And James will be fine!!! He can spend lots of time here talking to us all.

smiles, T

good luck barbara. and good luck to james in his new venture as well.
if you use james' font size and style, you'll fill up 80 pages in no time...:)

Great idea Buckytom! Hey, this class will be a cinch!!!
Oh rats! I just read the syllabus, and it says that if we use giant fonts, we have to use 8 1/2' by 11' paper rather than 8 1/2" by 11"!

Barb,
You will breeze right through this. All of us will keep James busy and try to make him half as happy as you do. Just tell him to come play.:LOL:

kadesma Good luck to you both.:)

Wow Barb... it is a huge job, but I am sure you will ace it and all the hard work will be well worth it come October... (if you can do such an excellent imitation of James, you can do anything!!:LOL: ) Best of luck to you!! Yeah, we will take good care of James, he is always a big part of DC family here!!

And when everything is over, I suggest a Roman Holiday for you two!! I am no Audrey Hepburn but I can be a fine tour guide and caterer for you guys!!:-p

Thanks everyone! Of course, when it is time for me to do classwork, I will have to boot him off of the computer, since we only have one at the moment! All of the teachers are getting a laptop though, so I can bring it home and do some of my work on there.

Barbara, James will be OK. Support is one of the things that all of us at DC are great at. Good luck on your paper. My aunt is a teacher in Kansas and she just got her Masters this last year. Kudos to you for going for your Masters. When I got my Bachelors my grandpa asked me if I was going to get my masters. I said no way. I just wanted to start putting my education to use and make money instead of spending money.

I decided to go for it now for a couple reasons. My teaching certificate expires June 30th and I needed a couple classes to renew it. Also, having my master's will increase my pay. Now that I am in the classes though, I am really enjoying them (even though they are frustrating me a lot too!).

Barbara (It won't let me use the smileys--rats!)

I think it is very wise of you to go for the Masters. My son is working on his now and it isn't as easy as it was before he had children. He must really have time to work on it. - and leave time for his family also.

I don't think I could have done it while raising my daughter. I would have probably ended up being the world's worst mom during that time. Now I just have to worry about being the world's worst wife!

Barbara L said:
I decided to go for it now for a couple reasons. My teaching certificate expires June 30th and I needed a couple classes to renew it. Also, having my master's will increase my pay. Now that I am in the classes though, I am really enjoying them (even though they are frustrating me a lot too!).

Barbara (It won't let me use the smileys--rats!)

My aunt really enjoyed continuing her education even with 5 kids from 8 - 20 years old. Your smileys might not be working because you need to empty your cookies in your internet browser. It happened to me once and that was the problem.

No, the smiley thing was just a glitch last night. It has happened once before. Luckily it doesn't seem to last long.

KNowING You have Good Friends out there does, PIZZA IS A BLESSING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes IT DOES INDEED DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

hugs to both our friends! barb, i get overwhelmed when i have to read 30 or 40 pages a night before my homework! whew! writing double that? wow!:wacko:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom