Making my own Orange Slice drink.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking4Fun

Senior Cook
I don't think orange slice has been made in a while, but I think it was the only orange soda/pop that used any significant amount of fruit juice. I have a bottle of gourmet mandarin syrup, combined with mandarin juice etc does anyone know any recipes I can try to get a similar flavor as that drink?

I don't think orange slice has been made in a while, but I think it was the only orange soda/pop that used any significant amount of fruit juice. I have a bottle of gourmet mandarin syrup, combined with mandarin juice etc does anyone know any recipes I can try to get a similar flavor as that drink?
I think it will take a certain amount of trial and error. You can certainly look at the Sparkle website. They have lots of recipes there. Heck, you might even find something you like better are equally as well? I recently made their coconut strawberry lemonade...very good! You probably don't have a Sparkle machine, so you'll want to pick up some club soda...unless you get to the point where you want to make your own Sparkle drinks....

Let us know how it goes!
smileys-cheers-641856.gif

I think it will take a certain amount of trial and error. You can certainly look at the Sparkle website. They have lots of recipes there. Heck, you might even find something you like better are equally as well? I recently made their coconut strawberry lemonade...very good! You probably don't have a Sparkle machine, so you'll want to pick up some club soda...unless you get to the point where you want to make your own Sparkle drinks....

Let us know how it goes!
smileys-cheers-641856.gif
I juiced 10 mandarin oranges (about 3 cups of juice) and one relatively large lemon (about 1/2 cups of juice) and added 3 cups of seltzer. It was ok, but too bitter from the seltzer. Probably should of done 1 cup seltzer and 2 of water. And probably running the juice through a sieve first could of helped too.

I juiced 10 mandarin oranges (about 3 cups of juice) and one relatively large lemon (about 1/2 cups of juice) and added 3 cups of seltzer. It was ok, but too bitter from the seltzer. Probably should of done 1 cup seltzer and 2 of water. And probably running the juice through a sieve first could of helped too.
What kind of "seltzer" are you using? I drink "club soda", which is just water and CO2 and that is not bitter. It does have a slight acidic tartness.

Hmm, I just thought of something. Does your seltzer have preservatives? Any kind of chemical addition other than the CO2? Some preservatives add a bitter flavour to things. Have you tasted the seltzer on its own?

What kind of "seltzer" are you using? I drink "club soda", which is just water and CO2 and that is not bitter. It does have a slight acidic tartness.

Hmm, I just thought of something. Does your seltzer have preservatives? Any kind of chemical addition other than the CO2? Some preservatives add a bitter flavour to things. Have you tasted the seltzer on its own?
Maybe the seltzer is tonic water. That's definitely bitter.

Maybe the seltzer is tonic water. That's definitely bitter.
I like club soda. I have often been given tonic water instead, which I detest. It's bitter, but it's also too sweet. Even a lot of people who serve drinks don't seem to realize there is a difference. I did wonder if maybe it was tonic water.

Seltzer is just carbonated water.

"Club soda is water that has been injected with both carbon dioxide and added minerals like potassium bicarbonate and potassium sulfate"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom