Midnight Munchies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
We have a breakfast, lunch and dinner thread but no munchies thread :yum:

Since a lot of us are up at odd hours and sleep when we can :rolleyes:, I'm sure we all have some Midnight Munchies sometimes!

I just had a small piece of Birthday cake (PJ's are covered in edible glitter!) and a few crackers with cheddar cheese spread :yum:

Anyone else do a late night pantry raid lately?

For about a year I used to eat pasta with butter on it, nearly every night after midnight (carbs helped me sleep).

I don't eat pasta much any more, but I do indulge in a handful of dark chocolate chips (Guittard is my favorite) and sometimes a glass of white wine.
Or sourdough toast with butter and avocado mash.

Rats... I'm hungry now...

For about a year I used to eat pasta with butter on it, nearly every night after midnight (carbs helped me sleep).

I don't eat pasta much any more, but I do indulge in a handful of dark chocolate chips (Guittard is my favorite) and sometimes a glass of white wine.
Or sourdough toast with butter and avocado mash.

Rats... I'm hungry now...

I love pasta with butter or rice with butter :yum:
I could do with that mashed avo on toast too!

Had my munchies for tonight, best I go sleep before I cut open the last avocado :angel:

About 2 hours after dinner we usually have some yoghurt, or maybe a muesli bar, but that is it...we try not to eat too much before bedtime

Crackers and cheese, popcorn, dark chocolate, homemade salsa and chips...

We have been know to "raid the fridge" late at night. Especially on those nights when we have just watched Food Network.

2 nights ago we got up about 2 am .. I made a piece of toast, fried egg topped with 2 crunched up cheetos .. he had toast with peanut butter .. then we were good. Slept really well after that .. must have been the protein !!

My post gig routine is to come home and have some toast and peanut butter and a glass of skim milk. Usually anywhere from 130 to 230 am. I have to watch I don't eat too much before bed due to a hockey injury which left me with a hiatus hernia. If you lie down too soon after eating it ain't pleasant.

About all I usually do is have a glass of wine after dinner. I can't eat before bedtime. If I give in to temptation I only end up paying for it later. :neutral:

Sometimes in the afternoon I'll have fruit, nuts, popcorn, or on the rare occasion, a bowl of cereal with some milk.

Yes, I'm kind of boring. :rolleyes:

Eating before I sleep doesn't bother me. I just finished three slices of Norwegian thin bread with pate.

It's not this brand of flat bread, but it looks like this stuff. It's about 1 mm thick and crisp.

773-korniflatbrod.jpg

About all I usually do is have a glass of wine after dinner. I can't eat before bedtime. If I give in to temptation I only end up paying for it later. :neutral:

Sometimes in the afternoon I'll have fruit, nuts, popcorn, or on the rare occasion, a bowl of cereal with some milk.

Yes, I'm kind of boring. :rolleyes:

I always eat my cereal at night since I don't really eat breakfast. It's yummy not boring :yum:

If I need a late night snack it is usually a small glass of skim milk.

When I worked I could be found most nights with my butt hanging out of the refrigerator or jumping up and down in front of the microwave.

The midnight snack was actually my third meal of the day, I never ate breakfast.

When I stopped working I started eating breakfast and the night time snacking started to fade away.

Now I don't keep much in the house that is very appealing for a late night snack.

Like the kids say, there is nothing to eat, just ingredients! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I tend to be awake at night because I am a nocturnal person. I also worked with companies overseas, so my day started at midnight. I am ALWAYS hungry at 4:00 a.m., so much so, I wake up. I make breakfast for my midnight munchies. And, I usually need a nap around 9:00 a.m. (the time I used to finish working and had fed the dogs). I try not to eat after 4:00 p.m. if I've had breakfast, lunch, and what I call dinner around 3:30 - 4:00 p.m. If I know I'm having an evening meal, I switch my eating habits and go light for breakfast and lunch. However, if I am hungry (I can't sleep if I'm hungry), I will make a batch of air-popped popcorn and dress it with curry powder or 1/4 c chocolate chips + peanuts + sea salt and chilpolte chili powder.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom