Monday Again! What's Cookin' 2/24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Shrimps & Mussels in a lake of Sriracha-Stewed Tomato Sauce, ove Spaghetti... Side Salad...

sHRIMPS & mUSSELS , zIPPY.jpg

Roasted Gnocchi and Veggies

Saw this on my Facebook feed and decided to veganize it and give it a go.
In addition to string beans, Red pepper and Onions, I added tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic. Never really thought of cooking gnocchi this way, so I figured I'd give it a go.

Cut everything up, added the frozen gnocchi , tossed so all coated, added to a parchment lined pan, salted and peppered and roasted for 10 minutes at 425F flipped and roasted another 10 minutes. Melted a little margarine on it and ready to go.

Probably could have roasted it a little longer but I was hungry.

Flavors were obvious, but what I liked was the doughy/chewy consistency of the gnocchi, the taste of the fresh veggies ( will be great in the summer when the garden is in full swing), and basically a one pot meal.

Original recipe:
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes...bK6thD9FU&_branch_match_id=714009436297111925

Attachments

• Gnocchi 1.jpg
    Gnocchi 1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Gnocchi 2.jpg
    Gnocchi 2.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 87
DH's back is still hurting and I got a migraine, so we ordered out. I got a Cobb salad and DH got a General Tao salad. That was delicious. (I get crispy chicken instead of the regular chicken.)

I saw that as well Larry, and 'shared it' to my page for later use.
How was it?
We have that brand of shelf-stable Gnocchi and I was thinking of trying them...

I was pleasantly surprised .
Didn't really bring anything new ,as far as flavors go ( it tastes kinda like what you think it would taste like), but I really liked the consistency of the gnocchi cooked this way, and the ease of preparing thee dish. Also, the ability to personalize the dish was fun too. Cant wait til summer so I have fresh veggies in season to use.

***Since I had to make it without the Pancetta or part cheese , Im glad I used garlic, cause it needed some kind flavor to bring it all together***

We still have leftover broasted chicken, so I used most of it to make a batch of chicken pot pie. Instead of a pastry crust, I topped it with biscuits from an easy recipe on Serious Eats. They sopped up quite a bit of liquid while the pot pie was baking. Next time I need to make more sauce. And I need to make sure I have peas in the freezer. This needs more color.
IMG_20200224_214302366.jpg

Attachments

• P2240032.jpg
    P2240032.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 78
I had some frozen sea scallops from COSTCO that I knew were good. A bit small for sea scallops, but really tender and sweet.

I thawed them and got them super dry, and sautéed them in a good non-stick with a mix of canola oil and butter -- about 50/50 -- and garlic.

Long grain and brown rice courtesy of Uncle Ben, drizzled with the pan drippings. Small photo for
DC, if I can remember all the steps.

CD

Attachments

• Scallops02-20-small.jpg
    Scallops02-20-small.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
We had to run some errands and Mom didn't want leftovers from Sunday, so we stopped and got some Chinese next to the local Food Lion that we shop at after errands were done. She had shrimp-fried rice and egg drop soup, I had General Tso's shrimp and shrimp fried rice. Fortune cookies for dessert.

I made more späetzle and reheated the braised pork from last week, and reheated a leftover veggie medley from the weekend. Easy and delicious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom