Monday's Kitchen Effort - 8/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Country Boy's Take on Chicken Florentine....
Baked Chicken Drumsticks on a bed of Turnip Greens, Mashed Spuds & Gravy........

Chicken Drumsticks, Turnip Greens.jpg

Tonight for supper I cooked some chicken, with sliced onions and Madras curry paste and simmered it in chicken and vegi stock. I also cooked some vegis with some green masala, then simmered them with some of that chicken and vegi stock and added some yogourt. There was leftover rice pilaf from our most recent Greek resto delivery. That worked really well. I will try to remember to use more onion with the chicken next time. The onion sort of vanished during the simmering with stock. This is worth repeating.

Madras style chicken, vegis with green masala and yogourt, and rice pilaf.jpg

Madras style chicken, vegis with green masala and yogourt, and rice pilaf, close up.jpg

After salads (iceberg and Boston lettuces, corn, salad olives, tomatoes, and cheese), we had a scallop and pasta dish that was a mash-up of several recipes. To a lemon cream sauce I added seared scallops, grape and cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil. Himself could have done without the tomatoes; next time I'll add baby spinach instead. [emoji16]

IMG_20210823_210327388.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Leftovers from lunch Sunday with the addition of macaroni & cheese for me, grilled cheese with tomato for Mom. Strawberries for dessert, chocolate pudding before bed.

I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I asked DH to pick up some comfort food - fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and mac n cheese from Church's Fried Chicken. It hit the spot and I have leftovers for breakfast.

Oh, man, I miss Church's Fried Chicken! Nothing like that around here.

I tried a new recipe for Ranch Burgers...and I added chopped jalapeno, because, well, why not? Anyway, cooked them on a griddle on the gas grill. While the flavor and sear (crispy) was great, they kind of fell apart. Sigh. Not pretty but very tasty. I'll try them on the panini press next time and hope for better results.

I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I asked DH to pick up some comfort food - fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and mac n cheese from Church's Fried Chicken. It hit the spot and I have leftovers for breakfast.

Fried food, starch, and starch. Perfect line-up of comfort food! I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom