Mundane Monday, 4-17-2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We had Naan bread pizzas. Himself's had pepperoni (always!), ham, mushrooms, and onion.
20230417_212934.jpg

I had mine in the style that Donato's Pizza used to make their Hawaiian pizza: ham, pineapple, slivered almonds, and a dash of cinnamon. Odd, but very tasty.20230417_212853.jpg

What about you?

Many years ago, there was a neighbor who made the most wonderful curries and I could smell them from about 1/4 of a mile away. So, I learned to make curry too. Today, I made a chicken curry and spiced rice. We had that with store-bought naan and samosas...there was chutney too.

IMG_7292.jpg
Bruce helped me with the cooking process (Bruce is the little blue guy):
IMG_7290.jpg

More Beef and Barley (from the freezer)- with the homemade bread

20230417_174120.jpg
20230417_154506.jpg

Made in my slow cooker which does the searing and all - one pot! But once all the ingredients are in I also throw in the barley and set it for 8 hours on low. So it isn't quite Chef John's version, but was the inspiring starting point.

Last edited:
Marlingardener, I am a big fan of a lot of this girl's breads Two Hour No Knead

But you'd best make sure your pot holder/gloves are good with HOT AND HEAVY.
Well, that is if you follow her using cast iron.
That is beautiful bread. Thank you for the link. She also has a recipe for no-knead, whole wheat bread, which I have saved to CMT.

Yes, I've made that one too. Even though I don't really care for whole wheat per se, I rather enjoyed that one. She's got a lot of good ones.

Have earmarked the Polish Poppy Seed one - when we lived in Germany I had this wonderful poppy seed filled... something! can't remember exactly what and I've sort of been looking for it a long time. Seeing as this is supposedly Polish (her heritage) I'm guessing it will be pretty close.

I saved that link for the bread recipe, too. Told Himself he could even make it - then laughed and laughed!

...Have earmarked the Polish Poppy Seed one - when we lived in Germany I had this wonderful poppy seed filled... something! can't remember exactly what and I've sort of been looking for it a long time. Seeing as this is supposedly Polish (her heritage) I'm guessing it will be pretty close.
That looks like an authentic poppy seed roll to this "Polish Princess" (one of my Dad's nicknames for me growing up). It's a central European food, and Himself's sister makes a knock-out version with nuts instead of poppy seeds. Oh. So. Swoonworthy.

Back
Top Bottom