Music Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Satriani is great also"

Satriani is awesome.

I am but a humble rhythm player and can only dream of playing at that level.

He and Eddie Van Halen are my heroes! :punk:

That's good stuff, TATTRAT! Jeff Beck is awesome!

I must admit, I'm a huge music lover but almost 100% of the time I don't or can't pay attention to the lyrics.

I always get wrapped up in the sound and mood of the instruments and the words just fly past me.

Oh nice, GB.

My first choice in middle school was trumpet but they all got taken so I ended up playing alto sax, which turned out to be pretty cool!

Never made it to first chair tho, I battled it out with my arch-nemesis and took first chair a couple times but that **** always managed to win it back. :)

Oh nice, GB.

My first choice in middle school was trumpet but they all got taken so I ended up playing alto sax, which turned out to be pretty cool!

Never made it to first chair tho, I battled it out with my arch-nemesis and took first chair a couple times but that **** always managed to win it back. :)
You might not believe this, but it is true. Trumpet was my second choice. It was 5th grade and we got to pick instruments to play if we were interested. The music store was out of saxophone's which is what I really wanted.

Heh, I believe it, GB.

When I was in 6th grade we were called into the the gym and handed a slip of paper that had two blank lines and we were asked to write in which instruments we were interested in.

I was a drum major in High School, in percussion. I have a Roland V kit, but had a nice acoustic kit up until about 5 years ago. Have played the bass for 17 years( My favorite besides drums), guitar for about the same, can hold my own on keys, and sax. Lately, I have been just enjoying time with my acoustic guitar and futzing around with a 4 track recorder.

I find music, playing and listening, to be very therapeutic. Haven't played a paid gig in over 10 years I am sure, but every Sunday, the local up the way(Old Fire Station #3) has open mic jam from 4PM-8PM, and I try to make it up weekly, and it's always a great time.

i love this thread! did i say that already? whenever i get the chance i come here to listen to what new music pieces have been put up by you guys. it's no surprise to hear that some of you are serious musicians. nice to hear old favorites again too--so much water under that bridge of time. the new music (new to me) is also a big treat for me to look forward to each day. thank you for taking the time to share your favorites, everyone, and please keep them coming! did i say that already too.... :)

Back
Top Bottom