My friend is very ill.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
last report i have gotten. they are trying to wean her off the tube for oxygen. so far on her on for nine hours. if doesn't work , they will do a trac-incision. one more assault on her body. just hope it works.

Medical science is so astounding and due to all the wonderful research by very clever people our generation has been blessed as we reap the rewards with their medical care to date. Keep the faith Babetoo it sounds as though your friend Wallie is a real fighter hanging in there at all odds, that has to be a good thing all my prayers to you at this time, with lot's of hugs too.

my friend is about the same. the docs. will do a tracheotomy mon. they said will better help in healing her lungs for aspirating. could not get her daughter to call me for a couple days. i called today, left the message, told her if she did not contact me soon, i would send cops to do a well check. that got a response, as u can imagine. she said i hung up on her the other day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i mostly certainly did not and told her so. what a piece of work she is

Concerned

babetoo, how is everything? I have been thinking of you and your friend. I am praying all is going okay. Please keep in touch and let me know. I am hoping you are doing okay and taking care of yourself too.

not really good in the kitchen. the trach. went ok and is in good working order. they are however going to put food tube in her stomach instead of down the nose. they are saying if she does well on trach. that they will move her to a pulmonary place in another town. she is still out of it. does seem more comfortable after breathing tube was removed. it seems to never end and i am so depressed about it. i really can't see a good outcome. thanks for concern.

babe

Babe, my heart goes out to you. I know this is tough but just know that you are loved and lifted up. Your friend is our friend and anything that affects and hurts you, is our burden as well.

I, and I know most others here, are with you and Willie. I am sending hugs, but I wish I could give them in person!

You hang in there Babe. We never know hows things are going to go for certain. I'll keep my fingers crossed, and my warm thoughts headed your way.

Bob

thank you bob this whole thing is breaking my heart. i find myself just staring off into space. at least once a day i will think, "gotta go call wallie" and then i catch myself. i hope she is not in any pain. i also hope this will end soon whatever the outcome. thank you all so much, it really does help me.

babe,
I know and understand, please take care of yourself,Wallie just might need your help one day..Stay as loving as you are, she might not be able to say anything but she knows.
hugs,
kades

p6753_small_card_get_well_card_rose.gif

Babe: sending you hugs and good thoughts... I come here every day to check on you and see how Wallie is doing. Still praying for the best.

Wallie is lucky to have you for a friend. :)

Sweetie, you shouldn't have to ever feel alone as long as you have the whole DC community as part of your family.

Bob

a very small sign of getting better. everything is still hooked up. her daughter says wallie wrote her name for the p.t. and gave her, the daughter a great big smile. she said she was out of it yesterday and she feared they were sedating her to make her easier to care for. come hell or high water i am going up this week. first i have to take care of seeing the doctor for myself. my knees are simply not feeling better and my left knee keeps buckling on me. the fall i took last week when it did that is making my whole leg hurt, all the way from knee to buttock. just not going away. so off i go to the doc. i want meds. lol. over the counter stuff is not working. as dorothy parker said, getting old is not for sissys

i will hold my thoughts about wallie til i see her, we have been here before twice.

a very small sign of getting better. everything is still hooked up. her daughter says wallie wrote her name for the p.t. and gave her, the daughter a great big smile. she said she was out of it yesterday and she feared they were sedating her to make her easier to care for. come hell or high water i am going up this week. first i have to take care of seeing the doctor for myself. my knees are simply not feeling better and my left knee keeps buckling on me. the fall i took last week when it did that is making my whole leg hurt, all the way from knee to buttock. just not going away. so off i go to the doc. i want meds. lol. over the counter stuff is not working. as dorothy parker said, getting old is not for sissys

i will hold my thoughts about wallie til i see her, we have been here before twice.

Babe - That's some pretty good news about your friend, and I hope Wallie continues on a positive path, but now you have me worrying about you. Getting older may not be for the faint of heart, but it certainly keeps those that love them, concerned about them.

Please keep giving us the updates.

Bob

You're right about getting old is not for sissys!!
Keep strong for you & your friend Babe...we're a long way away, but you're with us every day!

Sorry to know that you are going to miss your friend. Try to gift some of her favorite things. Try to give her all the cheers you can like write about some shared moments.

Back
Top Bottom