My new ride, "Beauty"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Late last summer we happened across a real "find" on a local for sale site. I've always wanted to have my beautiful 1967 Toronado back but, because of its love for the gas station, I discarded that dream. However, my disappointment was soothed when we bought a 1985 Toronado Brougham for only a couple of thousand dollars.

It had been garaged nearly all of its life and had only about 30,000 miles on it. It was a single-owner vehicle that had been well-cared for and spent most of its time in Florida. The owner died and none of his family had any interest in the car so..........

It's ours and we call it "Beauty," because it truly is a beauty. Glenn is the master of all things automotive and has gone over it with his fine-toothed comb, refined, tweaked and repaired all necessary indignities that time saw necessary. Nothing major and the interior and exterior are nothing short of pristine.

It will go to his son this week to have a couple of minor things that Glenn no longer has the tools to do, then some new shoes and I'll be cruisin'.

I am pleased to introduce "Beauty:"

Attachments

• Image0106.jpg
    Image0106.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 129
Nice find. There are a couple of cars from the '60s that I'd love to own, but to buy one would require building a second garage.... and that would be right after the divorce hearings. :rolleyes:

Wow, nice score on the Bro-ham. She is a true beauty.

Best of luck cruisin the town on Friday nights, Cuz.

That car IS a beauty, Katie! For a while, our kids shared my Dad's old car - a 1983 Ford Crown Victoria LTD. It also had a partial landau roof like yours has. When Himself got a new car and was handing down his old ride, our daughter claimed that Crown Vic as hers. There was no way she wanted the sporty 1990's Grand Am.:LOL:

Many happy and safe miles of cruising in Beauty.

Back
Top Bottom