My Guacamole:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy15

Assistant Cook
We love this!

My Guacamole:

3 Avocados

***Take A Knife & Run It Down The Middle, Open Avocado & Take The Pit Out

3 Avocados, Peeled & Diced

1 T. Sour Cream

1-(8-oz.)-Pkg. Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Softened

3 Heaping Tablespoons . Hot Salsa

McCormick Crushed Black Pepper, To Taste

Garlic Salt, To Taste

Onion Powder, To Taste

Add all of the ingredients to mixing bowl; mix until desired consistency.

***Taste with a Tortilla Chip and see if it needs more of anything,

Put in covered container; refrigerate.

Serve with Tortilla Chips.

Attachments

• IMG_3745.jpeg
    IMG_3745.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 3
I would NEVER add cream cheese. I'll add a tiny bit of mayo if the avocado is not totally ripe. I add some peeled, seeded, fresh diced tomato, lime juice, fresh minced garlic, some finely chopped onion and jalapeno, S and P, and a tiny bit of hot sauce. I want the avocado to be the predominant taste, NOT cream cheese.

The way I make it is the way most of the Mexican restaurants, that Mexicans actually patronize, make it. Some add cilantro, some don't.

Last edited:
I would NEVER add cream cheese. I'll add a tiny bit of mayo if the avocado is not totally ripe. I add some peeled, seeded, fresh diced tomato, lime juice, fresh minced garlic, some finely chopped onion and jalapeno, S and P, and a tiny bit of hot sauce. I want the avocado to be the predominant taste, NOT cream cheese.

The way I make it is the way most of the Mexican restaurants, that Mexicans actually patronize, make it. Some add cilantro, some don't.
My guacamole is very similar to this. I generally add chopped onion, a bit of tomato product ( fresh or canned or chili sauce), splash of lime juice and garlic salt. A local famous restaurant caused a stir when they finally gave their recipe for their very popular quac; simply two ingredients; avocado's and garlic salt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom