Sloppy Joes:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy15

Assistant Cook
I tried a new recipe for sloppy joes the other day and we loved them!

I made sloppy joes for dinner last night and they sure were good! This is the only recipe I will use to make them.

You can use a big pot or a crockpot on low heat to cook the sloppy joes.

Sloppy Joes:

1-1/2-lbs. Lean Ground Beef
2 Large White Onions, Diced
2 Large Green Bell Peppers, Diced
1 Pkg. Sliced Celery
3 T. Christopher Ranch Crushed Garlic-(In Jar)
2-(8-oz.)-Can Tomato Sauce
2-(10-3/4-oz.)-Cans Tomato Soup
3 T. Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
1 Tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
Garlic Salt & Pepper, To Taste
2 Packages McCormick Sloppy Joe Seasoning

In Dutch Oven, brown ground beef; drain grease, if necessary.

Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on very low heat for a few hours or until celery and green peppers are tender.

Serve on seeded hamburger buns and top with shredded cheddar cheese.

Attachments

• IMG_3746.jpeg
    IMG_3746.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3747.jpeg
    IMG_3747.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 7
I'm curious, since you use so many canned and pre-prepared spice mixtures, giving the brand names, are you getting kick backs of any kind?

Before joining this forum, I'd never heard of a Sloppy Joe, thanks for this, I will definitely try it out. (I may have to omit the chili though, hot food is not too popular in my family, perhaps I could use a little sweet paprica instead😁).

Before joining this forum, I'd never heard of a Sloppy Joe, thanks for this, I will definitely try it out. (I may have to omit the chili though, hot food is not too popular in my family, perhaps I could use a little sweet paprica instead😁).
Try the Scramburger recipe, no hot stuff!

I make sloppy joe's with my meatball mix; 1 lb ground beef, 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage and 1/2 lb ground veal, and my Sicilian grandma's recipe for tomato sauce. I call them Sloppy Giuseppes.

Last edited:

The Sloppy Joes I grew up eating were not spicy. Actually, a bit on the sweet side. I don't have a recipe, but I'm sure there was some brown sugar in my mom's recipe.

CD

Try the Scramburger recipe, no hot stuff!

Thank you, I'll try this.
I suppose you can describe it as a hamburger which is different to a traditional one because it's "looser" in consistency and contains sauces.

mid-Atlantic east coast I've only seen sloppy joes as an open faced thing - the meat mixture on a split aka half hamburger bun.... upscale goes like 'on a grilled brioche bun/bread' . . .

trying to eat the sloppy joe mixture like a hamburger - i.e. top and bottom bun , , , finger food . . . boggles the mind. perhaps "our" definition of the meat mixture is far looser than elsewhere?

I haven't had it tin awhile, but I used to take the easy way out and use the Hunts Manwhich Sloppy Joe sauce ( in a can). basically tasted like a slightly spicy, slightly sweet ketchup. Back in the day, we made a " Peppery Pedro" which was the same thing, just home made ( no cans).

How about we make Artificial Intellegence (AI) the buzz word of the year?

I can not understand why, all of a sudden, everyone is concerned with AI. When I worked at Unisys 35 years ago they were working on AI programs and had several irons in that fire. I think it was because there was so little of the real thing going around, and there still is.That is why I say,"the older I get, the harder it is to tolerate stupid."

I can not understand why, all of a sudden, everyone is concerned with AI. When I worked at Unisys 35 years ago they were working on AI programs and had several irons in that fire. I think it was because there was so little of the real thing going around, and there still is.That is why I say,"the older I get, the harder it is to tolerate stupid."

This is very off-topic for this thread. Did you intend to post it somewhere else? I'd respond to it there.

CD

Thirty-five years ago, there wasn't any AI software available to the general public to use and post the results to a world-wide audience for free. There wasn't 25 years' worth of content created by individuals, governments, educational and research institutions, etc., for that free software to scrape and use to allow anyone to post stuff that seems real but isn't. It's been in the news a lot lately.

Thirty-five years ago, there wasn't any AI software available to the general public to use and post the results to a world-wide audience for free. There wasn't 25 years' worth of content created by individuals, governments, educational and research institutions, etc., for that free software to scrape and use to allow anyone to post stuff that seems real but isn't. It's been in the news a lot lately.
Exactly

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom