Need advice - did I maybe offend somebody?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Muchas gracias, Constance and Barbara!! Now....if the rain will just hold off. We had about an inch of rain in the last hour...often rains nightly this time of year. Now I remember why I don't have parties in the summer....

Field trip to Karen's house!!!!!!!!! Who is in??

I will even front you for the food (when I hit the mega millions).:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Patty, someone will have to hit the mega millions to get you all down here. Once you're here, we'll take it from there. I DO have 22 stuffed chiles en nogada in the fridge right now, so that's a start. I'll post the recipe.

Great Karen! Usually guests have the courtesy to ask if they can bring along extra people and that should have been the case with your friend. Surely after this, it won't be repeated. Glad you can relax now.

I have now had an email response from the offender, who assures me that she and her partner will show up alone - just the two of them. And it was quite friendly, I think. (sigh of relief)

It sounds like she got the point - this time, at least. And as everyone has already mentioned, the folks who were there for the +4 incident no doubt know who you meant. I thought your email was way more gracious than I'd have managed. It sounds like it will be a lovely time. :)

this probably should be in the venting thread. i invited my daughter, my granddaughter and her boy friend for dinner. occasion was my oldest granddaughter's b'day. saige is her name, she also invited her boy friend and another gal friend. my daughter , she lives about an hour away, called to say it would be very late for her to come and she didn't see the point. so she bailed with three other guests she was bringing. saige's boy friend bailed, said he had to work late. the gal friend just decided she had something better to do. this all occured within two hours of the invite time. that left saige and i. and she was really hurt. we made the best of it and ate a tiny bit of the 40 dollar meal i had cooked. including cake and home made bread. we also drank a bottle of wine.at first i was very angry. now i am just sorry for saige. it made her cry. i sent food and cake home with her. how rude were these people with the flimsy excuses. i invited all a week ahead so they had plenty of notice. dinner for the family member on their b'day is a family tradtion. may have to rethink that one. i didn't yell at anyone but i don't want to talk to them either.

Oh babe, I am so sorry. All that work and of course, the money spent as well. That is really much worse than what happened to me. Everyone should realize how much effort goes into making a special dinner - the older we get, the more effort it takes. You have every right to be angry, but it sounds like you made Saige's hurt feelings your top priority. You are a good grandma.

That's horrible Babe. I'm glad you helped make the day better than it could have been for Saige. All those who bailed should feel ashamed of themselves.

:(Barbara

Awww, Babe, that's rotten. For you and for Saige! How old is she? Please tell her Terry says Happy Birthday anyway and I hope this year will be a great one for her. And Karen is right - you are a wonderful Grandma!

That's horrible Babe. I'm glad you helped make the day better than it could have been for Saige. All those who bailed should feel ashamed of themselves.

:(Barbara

i concur!!! fer SHAME, those guys making her cry. my eyes welled reading your post, babe.

Dear friends, I have been so tired all day, I just got to the computer!!! The party went really really well - everyone had a great time and the last guest didn't leave until almost 2 am. I had a very enlightening talk with the woman who inspired my "no uninvited guests" email. She said "You didn't fool me with your email...I knew it was meant for me. And I don't blame you a bit!" And gave me a hug. I think we are better friends now...obviously, honesty is the best policy. All's well that ends well.

Thanks so much for your confidence-inspiring messages. You are a genuinely wonderful group of friends and I treasure you all.

m

Thats wonderful Karen! It is always best to be honest and say whats on your mind....in a polite way of course!!

Now correct me if I am wrong but you did say you wouldn't mind sharing that recipe now with us right???:mrgreen:

You certainly couldn't have asked for a better outcome and you apparently handled it perfectly!!!! All's well that ends well.

As others have stated, you handled better than I would have. I recall an "Adults Only" gathering DW and I attended where one couple brought their two human food vacuum cleaners about 11 & 12 years old (said they couldn't get a sitter). Those two kids ate almost three pounds of shrimp cocktails inside of the first 20 minutes of their arrival, thus denying the majority of the guests their share. The host tried to stop their massive consumption by saying to the father "Boy, those kids can really pack away the shrimp." The father's response was "Yeah, they really like good food, especially the good stuff that they don't get at home."

Some people are so self-centered that they just don't get it, and NEED to be told what the rules are. Good for you.

Yay Karen! I'm so glad things turned out so well. I know you must feel like a huge load has been removed from you.

:)Barbara

what you said is heads and tails better than what I would have written. I write now, think about the consquences later. you did good. shame on anyone for simply assuming something is ok because in that last case, it clearly wasn't ok.

Karen that's great to hear, we told you! :mrgreen: it's great that she was friendly enough to take it that way.

Back
Top Bottom