Need help defining some cooking terms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, when you find out what "sand bagger" means as a cooking term, I'd love to know that one.

The nearest I could find Sharon was:

sandbagger: someone who deceives you about his true nature or intent in order to take advantage of you

In a professional kitchen, a sandbagger could be someone who pretends not to know how to do something in order to get out of having to do it.

Last edited:
I guess all the Tech support people at Microsoft. Intuit, H/P, Dell, and others will just have to start telling people that need help to "Read the Manual"

I see a lot of individuals coming to this forum for help and usually get an answer to their question.

^^ There's a different between calling tech support and asking strangers to do your homework, not the least of which being that I pay for tech support.

That said, it's not about not helping, it's about the homework aspect of the question. A lot of us are generally willing to help, it's when we see the word "homework" that we turn into the "do it yourself" crowd. I guess I just gave away the secret, if you want help with your homework, don't tell us you want help for your homework :LOL:

It turned out well. I got a 48 out of 50. I asked my pastry teacher what a cremeaux was and he said it was chocolate cremanglaise.

From what I understand a sandbagger is someone who overpreps food. That is what my friend told me, but I could not find it online so I am not 100% sure about that.

I only have a week left before I go on my externship/intership whatever you want to call it. I cannot wait!! I got into the disney externship.

I know, especially if I do end up working one of the character buffets. And I am being serious.

Orlando!!! They do have an externship at the one in anaheim also, but I like the one in orlando better. I only applied to the one in orlando, and was shocked that I got into the program.

I know they have one at both. My father retired from Disney after 17 years of working there.

I can't speak for Orlando but I can promise you at Anaheim, characters are not allowed near the kitchen. It appears they come out of the kitchen at a couple of the restaurants, but there's a false door that separates where they come from verses where the actual kitchen is.

Okay, this is just ridiculous but I'll just throw it in there anyway.

In the medical field we use the degree sign for hours, or at least we used to.

Of course, I can't see how that would be related to a reduction, but at least it's something different. :rolleyes:

Do you think maybe it was meant for percent? Like they just shortened it or something?

Orlando!!! They do have an externship at the one in anaheim also, but I like the one in orlando better. I only applied to the one in orlando, and was shocked that I got into the program.

Just curious now that I re-read all of the postings... How are things going for you now?

Bob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom