Newbie here; looking for some cookware assistance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate them too LeoLady.... wont use em myself but threw one in the mix because alot of folks like them.

I should add to my post once your CI is nice and slick you will probably want to chuck the teflon

the one thing I am missing is a good copper skillet... I have my eye out

I found a fantastic heavy copper skillet at.....................the metal salvage yard!

Believe it or not tons of great cookware goes through salvage yards. I made friends with the people, and they set aside things that came in so I could look at them once a week. Sold them to me for scrap prices. I was able to outfit an entire church kitchen from the bottom up that way with high quality restaurant cookware.

but I bet you wouldn't part with it for the world... because when the time comes the sucker is there and nothing else will do the job

out of curiosity... how big is enormous?

it's a 12 quart that weighs 28lbs.
12 Qt. Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven - Camp Chef

do14.jpg

We just bought our first house this autumn and when I redo the back yard this spring I'm building in a fire pit so I can finally use it! The feet make it impossible to do anything but make a roast (and even then you have to take an oven rack out to fit the sucker into the oven) inside. Boy-o is it killer though! I love it.

I hate them too LeoLady.... wont use em myself but threw one in the mix because alot of folks like them.

I should add to my post once your CI is nice and slick you will probably want to chuck the teflon

the one thing I am missing is a good copper skillet... I have my eye out

I'd LOVE a copper skillet but can't justify the expense.

I avoid using nonstick stuff, except it's SO easy to clean my saucepan that I make rice in because it's nonstick, I literally just wipe it out.

I'd LOVE a copper skillet but can't justify the expense.

I told you, I bought mine for scrap price.

If I remember correctly I paid a whopping $4.00 for a 14 inch heavy copper skillet with tin lining intact and iron handle.:LOL:

Of course the 40 qt stainless steel aluminum clad bottom stockpots were a very expensive $8 each.:chef:

That's crazy leolady... nice to have a good relationship with your local junker.

Copper does not last long in my hood.... they'll rip the pipes right out of your walls!.... I should swing by some of the local scrap yards and check em out though....

Tell them what you are looking for Pancho. They might set it aside for you, if they know you will come on a regular basis.

I won't even tell you about the rest of my stainless steel aluminum clad stockpots [that I have one in every size] or the 11qt, 16 qt, and 20 qt stainless steel aluminum clad double boilers I got. Or the big cast aluminum square roasters the army uses. And I won't mention the electric soup warmer, or the stainless steel hotel pans and lids [some new in the box], or the heavy half size sheet pans [16 of them, so I gave half away to my aunties], or the big 16qt aluminum saucepan 1/4 inch thick sides, or all of the stainless steel basin bowls. I won't bother to tell you about the thick aluminum huge stockpots and saute pans either. I just won't give out that information!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom